Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Internal Tool to Check Search Results?  (View post)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 30, 2007
16 years ago12,336 views

Just a note : I've photoshopped the screenshot, so the numbers are real but not for "www.ffp.asso.fr" ;-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Tom, does that include all numbers displayed alongside www.ffp.asso.fr, or just the GG Score?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

the bottom lines are real, but they are not related to the results.

So, in reality, a site has really a "gg score" at $11.68, but it's not "www.ffp.asso.fr". Anyway, I've copied & pasted the bottom lines in the same order that on the real search (not "parachutisme"). Do you understand? I don't know how to explain this differently

SEOpittfall [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Philipp,
As I understand it, the MOMA Intranet was supposedly able to show AdWords revenue in real time.

GG Score: $11.68 (spending during a given period)
Adv: Yes (advanced match type)
Vertical: /Local/Regional Content (advertising on local, regional and content match)
PVs: 11,088 (total number of pageviews)

These can all be associated with AdWords accounts. This could be the reason that even subsequent results may have higher PVs and GG Scores.

Just my opinion of the situation, in other words unconfirmed.

DevilsAdvocate [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

With a rather specific screenshot like that (doctored dollar value or not), isn't it easy for someone at Google with access to the logs to find out who from the Adwords team searched for that term and leaked the screenshot?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]DevilsAdvocate > I don't think so ;-)

[put at-character here]SEOpittfall > can you explain "spending during a given period" ? I don't understand :-/

MarWi [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Philipp, in your post you say that you didn't find any AdSense on www.ffp.asso.fr but if the entire bottom line is copied from another search result that doesn't proof anything. But if TOM states there is no correlation I guess there are Website without any AdSense on them that show Adv: Yes on the bottom.

Quite an interesting screenshot though. Hope we will find out more about this.

16 years ago #

> Philipp, in your post you say that you didn't find any
> AdSense on www.ffp.asso.fr but if the entire bottom
> line is copied from another search result that doesn't
> proof anything. But if TOM states there is no correlation
> I guess there are Website without any AdSense on
> them that show Adv: Yes on the bottom.

Yes, I know, that's why I added an update and pushed it up extra high. Everything in gray is written after Tom's info, and everything on white background before I knew it. So my musing on the info line values in relation to www.ffp.asso.fr was before writing that update, and I just left it in to indicate what the post originally read, knowing that it doesn't make any sense anymore :) But I suppose I can add a strike through as well to clarify even more...

16 years ago #

> isn't it easy for someone at Google with access to the logs
> to find out who from the Adwords team searched for that
> term and leaked the screenshot?

I think technically that's absolutely possible, I wonder if Google would do that though (because of user privacy issues, even when it's an employee.... might send the wrong message about their privacy policies for other users if this gets out)...

16 years ago #

[Google sent a statement, I added a 2nd update to the post.]

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Thanks for adding the update, Philipp. As someone in search quality, I had never even seen that tool before.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

So Google reads blogoscoped from time to time? Nice :)

SEOpittfall [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]TOMHTML

Now all of my thoughts are assumptions, but "spending in a given period" as I was thinking it, was the amount of money spent by the domain during a day or monthly average. This could even be for the keyword searched... I am not sure, it is a theory. Only someone from Google (apparently not Matt Cutts) in the AdWords team would have the answers.

16 years ago #

Zim, I read blogoscoped all the time. :)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well, comment more! I love seeing that little G!

Dario Salvelli [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Mmm,ok for GG score but Matt: i hope that u write on your blog about the Page Rank dance and the querelle about text link ads. It's an interesting thing. ;)

www.dariosalvelli.com

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Thank you Matt :) Your comment was so important that a French Google PR has translated your text during her vacation in order to be published on Zorgloob ^^

16 years ago #

James Xuan, I've left over a dozen comments here just in the last couple weeks:

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/posts-by-Matt+Cutts.html

:)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

:D I just got Cutt! :D

Well, check my PR Matt, almost 100 posts in a week, although, unlike me your posts generally include information . :(|)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Since when did Techmeme start pointing to the Blogoscoped Forum rather than the actual Blog articles?

http://www.techmeme.com/071101/p55#a071101p55

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Great to see Matt's activity on the forum

Should we expect a blog entry from Matt soon?
Some pre-release sneak preview or just released news ;)

J N Gross [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The utility of such a tool is clear; in fact I predicted it more than two years ago in this patent filing:

you can see it at tinyurl.com/29kfyq just put standard http language in front

it makes sense to find good content sites and then pitch them to sign on to Adsense as well

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!