Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Glimpses of a Google Maps Redesign  (View post)

Kyle Wegner [PersonRank 1]

Friday, May 30, 2008
16 years ago4,651 views

I saw this same UI sometime last week. The biggest change for me was the lack of tabs that said "Search the Map," "Find Businesses," and "Get Directions." Without these I was rather lost, but luckily gMaps recognizes what you are searching for most of the time anyway.

The new look would take some getting used to, but I didn't really find any negatives with it in my brief experience.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Funny, I never get to see these things, but I can see the new UI today.

Andrew Miller [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I must be in the small test group. I have been seeing this interface in FF for a week or two. However, much of the functionality I need has not been working in the new interface. For example, the "Add Destination" to the Driving Directions feature does not work, and sometimes the entire site was not working. I submitted feedback through the proper channels so hopefully they will iron out the bugs and get it working completely.

On the design side, I actually prefer the old format and don't feel that the new "cleaner" design adds anything to the experience.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The cookie for the discussion board feature, turned the google maps redisgn on as well... javascript:void(document.cookie="PREF=
ID=00fb173daf8671b1:TM=
1211773860:LM=1211774226:GM=1:
S=iRC8su7T5V-q6T0t;path=/; domain=.google.com");

[added line breaks]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!