Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Disney World in 3D in Google Earth  (View post)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 5, 2008
16 years ago5,086 views

This is very cool! I'll go to Disney! (virtually, at least...)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Now, just imagine Niniane's "Dream Project" being a virtual reality type game set in Google Earth. Maybe the pieces are starting to fall into place (Google Earth in the browser, 3D mapping of many areas, etc).

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's just a publicity stunt by Disney.
"Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful." => is this "3D World" an information? Is it useful? The only aim is to let the public discover Disney World and incite them to go to the recreational resort.

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Disney should have paid Google for such 3D world in Google Earth.

This reminds me that in the mainland China, some stone brain officers of some tour resorts tried to charge some fee from TV crews for shooting tour film, of course these TV crews from overseas were surprised by such move. Do those Disney executives have similar stone brain glued by greenback?

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

This happened in mainland China around 25 years ago.

Gopinath M [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It requires 1 GB of RAM to see 3D view of Disney!!!!! Before opening Google Earth, my RAM usage was at ~520 MB. Once I started browsing through the 3D view of Disney, my system RAM usage shoot up to 1.61GB!!!! This is ridiculous amount of RAM usage. No wonder Your Firefox browse crashed when you opened :)

justinf [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

it crashes my Google Earth – and i've got 2 gig of RAM + Ubuntu Linux.

sure, i can browse around for about 5 minutes or so, but my Google Earth bombs out.

is it more stable on other platforms?

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]TOMHTML: Yes, it's information, and yes, it's useful. As someone planning to travel there soon, it's very useful to see what the place is like from a walking person's point of view.

That is, it would be useful if I had a machine that could run it... ;)

Astralis [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Looks like they built this in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!