Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] Slow server

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, September 2, 2008
15 years ago9,225 views

It's probably no secret that Blogoscoped is pretty slow ever since yesterday (due to the Google Chrome news). I'm working on keeping the server (at least mostly) alive through various methods, compromises (like temporarily taking down the Chrome comic...), file mirrors to a second server (some images are now at www.gamesforthebrain.com) and more...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

How many visitors for yesterday and today, Philipp? :)

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I can provide you a temporary hosting service w/2000GB bandwidth for no charge... but then again... it will take a few days to set up;) You seriously consider overthrowing your current host provider with a dedicated package from hostgator.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I suggest to no longer link to the scanned version of the comic book. Google has provided better images here: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/ .

Luka [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Philipp : It would be nice to analyze the sources of incoming traffic for yesterday and today...

15 years ago #

> I suggest to no longer link to the scanned version
> of the comic book. Google has provided better images here:

That's much better than the Google Books version was. However, it still doesn't include permalinks. On the other hand, as I'm currently "outsourcing" the hosting of the comic to gamesforthebrain.com, the permalinks are temporarily gone for the Blogoscoped version too (it uses an iframe) :)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Philipp, You got linked to from a ton of large websites yesterday, I'm glad Blogoscoped didn't get slashdotted.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Colin
It was on the front page of Slashdot yesterday though: http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/09/01/162224

15 years ago #

Right now, the server is back to speed. I hope it lasts :)

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Any help required from any member of this forum?
Please do post if anyone can do anything to keep blogoscoped rocking.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

And when we have visitor statistics of last week – we are waiting :)

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Aaah, we have a lot of information (domains, top search strings etc.) available here now already:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/140254.html#id140272

Thanks!!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

personrank is gone!

15 years ago #

There's the occasional PersonRank update going on... seems to be OK now? :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!