Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google street view comes to Belgium

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 20, 2008
15 years ago21,945 views

Google plans to launch Street View in Belgium.
Tests are going on in Antwerp, Brussels & Liège.

There are also talks with the Privacy Commission of the Belgian Federal State. Privacy laws are quite severe in Belgium.

Source: De Standaard
http://www.path.to/streetviewbelgium/

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It appears that link provided points to Tinyurl-type address of Google translation of the source article.

"We have no photo taken in Belgium and take responsibility themselves for the false reporting', responding Alistair Verney, Corporate Communications Manager Benelux Google."

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The headline says that Google denies that it will launch Streetview in Belgium, also the article states that Google never had streetview cars in Belgium. The spokesman of Google also denies that Streetview is coming.

15 years ago #

Ah, Juha-Matti Laurio, we almost posted at the same time, didn't saw your post :-)

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

No problem ;) This is happened to me too ;)

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Well, well, article is updated meanwhile...
It's a fast moving world, isn't it?
Normally De Standaard is very consistent when they bring news, but not in this case it seems... Sorry for this non-event...

15 years ago #

Ah your right, i see a post on www.nieuwsblad.be with the announcement for Street View Belgium, this article was updated to.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Just to point one thing out, in dutch it stated that google took full responsibility for the "mis-information", apparently there was a miscommunication between google and their PR people

Abdellatif [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

We need Google map in french for Brussels :(

I hope they will fix that with Google Street View

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Art-One : I've read that in DH (Dernière Heure) today too. BTW, I was also in your country all the day ^^ For their "error", they just missunderstood "making tests" and "taking pics of streets", that doesn't mean cars will not come in Belgium after all!

[put at-character here]Abdellatif : maps aren't already available in French? http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=q&hl=fr&q=Bruxelles&sll=47.15984,2.988281&sspn=13.537064,39.550781&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FTu2BwMd_KRCAA&ll=50.839335,4.370928&spn=0.012277,0.038624&z=15&iwloc=addr

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!