Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Small cry for help with blogora [and Blogora alpha release]  (View post)

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, January 3, 2009
15 years ago5,838 views

Sorry to use this forum for this, but I need a some help with blogora (the project intended to initially be a copy of this system, but which now has a lot more features even though its not released yet). Last week I uploaded blogora to the http server of sourceforge.net, I created screenshots and started writing descriptions. The only problem I can't figure out is a problem with the character encoding of images. Now I first asked on another forum for help, but except for a few "too" basic reactions nothing helped. Now I was hoping somebody on here who is actually interested in the project itself would be willingly to help. I would simply add you to the sourceforge developer list so you could check the code on the http server itself out... and as soon as that works I will finally upload the whole code.
   Summarizing my request; I am searching for a developer interested in blogora and who knows something about codeigiter, php and/or character encoding in general.

The current (partially not working) upload can be found on http://blogora.sourceforge.net

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

David, could you detail:

- what is your email address so someone could contact you?
- what is the scope or definition of the project as you see it?

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Also, are you planning on possibly hosting this on Google Code too?

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[moved from "Blogora alpha release"]

After finally getting a normal internet connection this week I hereby release an alpha version of blogora (initially a clone of the blogoscoped system); http://blogora.sourceforge.net
   Have fun... and I never would have believed sourceforge could be so extremely powerfull and famous, yet such a big mess... feel free to checkout the code through svn and ask any questions you have.

And on a sidenote, unlike google I will keep this thing for ages in alpha till it has all features I want it to have, at that point it will go into beta and quickly thereafter I hope one day to release a final blogora version :P

Above 4 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes I like the dual nature of this blog. It's nice to hear someone is developing a blogging platform around that idea.

Sakib [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

sounds really great and I specially like this forum and easier to discussion on basis of any topics.

manikandan [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Hi there,

I like to implement "blogora-alpha".

So i downloaded "blogora-alpha" folder from http://blogora.sourceforge.net/.

"blogora-alpha" folder contains "__MACOSX" and "svn".

My doubt ===> Is it to move hole "blogora-alpha" folder to my server or only "svn" folder or only "system" folder inside the "svn"?

Please give your suggestion

thanks in advance

PanAtheist [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Hi,

At www.ravingatheists.com/forum we would like to integrate SEVERAL blogs with one forum. In other words, we would like to have a community of bloggers and forum-users, where each of the blogposts also appears as a thread-beginning post in the community forums, so that the community can discover any blogpost in the forums and comment on it, and each community member can also follow their favourite forum-user via their blog front-end. Essentially, blogs and forums would be skins for the same posting and commenting data.

I'm no programmer, but glancing at the blogora project it seems to me that it's about integrating one blog with a forum.

What would be really fantastic would be to integrate any number of blogs together with one forum.

PanAtheist [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Can anyone tell me how I could do that? :-)

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I thought only lunatics came in *raving* qualities, but apparently there's at least one group of ditto atheists (who were, I assumed, made mostly of wholly *reasonable* cloth). But, anyhoo... first you say "we would like to integrate SEVERAL blogs with one forum," and then it's suddenly plural "community forums." Quite a diff.

Big newspapers, those that allow/ welcome reader feedback in threads tied to indvidual articles usually gather such threads in news-section forums. But it's a messy business no matter how one approaches it. What you're asking for of this barely-released generic single-blog-single-forum CMS[*] is not reasonable, as implementing it would introduce several new dimensions into Blogora's sphere (or "equation"). Besides, it's early days yet, so there may not be many programmers around who could handle David Mulder's code. Try hiring this freebee's author directly to massage it into the shape that you require, thus making Blogora an even better mousetrap in the process?

[*] = Content Management System

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!