Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Chrome Update With Form Auto-Completion And More  (View post)

Benjamin [PersonRank 0]

Friday, January 9, 2009
15 years ago5,813 views

I ran an Acid3 test with this build and they are now at 98/100. Really impressive jump. The new Webkit release probably helped a lot ;)

imma [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

wow, yes also impressed with the acid test – i'm getting 100/100 but with the link test failing & miss-drawing the shadow on 'Acid3'

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I love that they added tabs that dock differently based on whether you drag them to the left/right of the screen vs. the top of the screen.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

As stated here [http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes/releasenotes201561] this will be chrome v. 2 and for the features included it would make more sense to have v. 1.something?

Nick [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Yea, the tabs docking rocks hard. I love it. I also like full page zoom, autoscroll, and auto-complete is nice. I've long thought that at just core browsing it's the best browser out there, but they're getting pretty close to being the best at everything.

My one minor complaint... The autoscroll icon is pretty ugly--why doesn't it use the windows default autoscroll cursor like other apps?

Giovanni [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

This page is also W3C valid... strange!

Cookie Lee [PersonRank 9]

15 years ago #

And they add a address bar in mini window in this release.

http://tw.fancool.googlepages.com/chrome2.gif

Dan [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Any word on when the MAC version will be released?

Virtual Web Symphony [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Chrome is a quite a good and feature rich browser and with smart marketing tricks it will surely reach amongst the top three within no time. The coming times will tell which one out of the IE, FF and Chrome will top the browsing market. One who will provide more features and useful add-ons will ultimately grab the top spot.

[Signature removed – Tony]

Proto [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I use Chrome at work where (as expected) there is a proxy server. I find that while Chrome 1.x works properly (it pops a dialog to enter the Windows user id and password to access the external sites; not all users have rights to access the wider net..they are limited to a small subset of sites like Msdn or BankThatHoldsOurSalaryAccount..you get the drift) Chrome 2.x just doesn't work.

I mean, it doesn't display the popup and so it just displays the error message (that is displayed for users who don't have rights to access the net). Any idea how can I teach or make Chrome 2.x to display the dialog that accepts the userid and password? I have checked the LAN settings and other settings, and can't find ANY difference with the settings I have for Chrome 1.x (I am not running or attempting to run the two versions simultaneously).

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Ars Techica has a coverage at
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090109-hands-on-google-leaps-forward-with-chrome-2-0-dev-preview.html

ino [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

why doesn't chrome work with XP 64bit? that's pathetic.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!