Google Modules  (View post)

sebah [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, December 20, 2005
18 years ago

good

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hi
You can find many many many Google Modules on Google Base.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tom, we've tried looking for some, and took all that had screenshots (on Sunday).

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

A good idea...hopefully it'll catch on and you'll have lots of user-created modules!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I found a ToDo List ;)
http://base.google.com/base/items?oid=18297081510857064326
I tried to translate this in French, for me, but I crash the module...

And I'm triying to give you a IP resolution module... It work when I use a page php hosted on my server, but I tried to make it directly in the XML page, without an other page.
If it work I'll send you the file ;)

CopyCat [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Was the main purpose of this site to put on top affilaie-enreached amazon search? Nice idea :)

chicagosage [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

This is really cool, Philipp. Thanks!

Varun [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Thanks , I was looking for something like this

Josh Gowan [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It's a sweet idea, but the Privacy policy leaves something to be be desired. One can't tell, particularly with the dialog box one has to OK from google: "You are about to add a feature that was not created by Google. Preference settings and other information you enter in order to use this feature may be available to the feature's provider. Do you wish to continue?"

seems to indicate either the module maker, or googlemodules, or both, will then be able to track information on the users personalised site.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

You need to trust the module maker, yes. Google will include an inline frame which resides on Gmodules.com or the module makers server (depending on the setting in the XML). So if you e.g. enter a password into the module, the module maker might be able to read it, as he might process it. In the case of a module which is included inline – which is not possible at the moment for modules created outside the Googleplex – then there's also the chance to combine the data gathered in the module with other Google data, because then the code resides at Google.com. However at the moment, to my knowledge, it's not possible for a module maker outside of Google to read any Google settings (because of the different domains used for Gmodules.com and Google.com).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!