TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

how do you know it?

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I want!!!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Just to confirm: I have a Google Wave Sandbox account. I tweeted about it earlier in an attempt to connect with others who also have accounts so that I can try it out. (Imagine trying to use email if you didn't know anyone else with an email address... yeah, it would be pretty dull.)

And before anyone asks, I don't have any invites (and nor does anyone else because it's not invitation based).

Luka [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Will you write about your feelings about wave ? Any plugin / robot ideas ?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

A blogoscoped post would be cool, or on your other blog :D

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Tony. I want an invite!

:-P

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Tony and I planned to get together on Wave to test this synchronously (for all the chat functionality and simultaneous editing and so on), and that will likely be a post then :) I got the invite last week and got the chance to talk to Jens Rasmussen and other people at Google about this. I asked to get some invites for some of you but so far, no luck...

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Nice, let's hope that some invites come in :-).

15 years ago #

I can't wait to see the post :D

A screencast would be a nice accompaniment, with multiple browsers/platforms, though I realise that would be a lot of effort.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I want that too! ;-)
Can't wait to hear your stories about it...
I hope I receive my invite soon now too...

Zim [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I'm jealous too! :P
I requested a developer account to try integration with WordPress, but I didn't get my invitation so far.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Lol, would have probably been better to keep quiet about this, now everybody will keep begging :P Just one thing, if I remember correctly the intro had an implementation inside orkut where the user didn't need a google account, does that mean you could now write a blogoscoped implementation where the other user doesn't need to be invited??? Or just any kind of embed which we could see as well?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

> Just one thing, if I remember correctly the intro had an
> implementation inside orkut where the user didn't need a
> google account.

That's kinda right. But I think the users still needed some kind of Wave account. The idea is that everyone will have a Wave account one day, so it would work seamlessly between blogs, social networks, chat, messaging, etc...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I've seen a Tony's video on youtube right now
but it has been deleted :-/
I was just curious :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Tom, we'll repost the videos, YouTube doesn't allow anything above 10 minutes... bye bye YouTube, we'll go elsewhere :)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

"YouTube doesn't allow anything above 10 minutes"
> change your account type to Director, Comedian, Musician, or Guru, I think they can (still) upload videos above 10 minutes but still limited to 1 Gb.

Above 18 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Moustafa [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I'm jealous!
I emailed Sami Shalabi from the Google Friend Connect team to see if he can send me an invite, but no reply yet....

Zim [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]David Mulder:
> does that mean you could now write a blogoscoped
> implementation where the other user doesn't need to
> be invited??? Or just any kind of embed which we
> could see as well?

Embeded waves can't be seen by those who don't have an account.
I don't remember where I've seen one and it didn't loaded (and links to log in or post as anonymous didn't work).

Another interesting article:
http://lifehacker.com/5288931/google-wave-questions-and-answers

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Tom, they put the 10 minute limit back in.

Nice mix of video and text, I liked it!

K [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

I suppose all accounts is only on one server. Can you retract sharing permissions/rights for files and photos that you don't want to share anymore?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Looks quite cool. Even some of my friends are excited about Wave :P

Will be interesting to see how it develops.

Charlie [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

The thing I've always felt about Chat is that it is so much easier to just "pick up the phone". Speaking is so much faster than typing. As a form of communication it's on a different plane altogether. Think of all the nuance that you can put into the pronunciation of a single word. A single spoken word can be worth 10 emoticons!

Don't get me wrong, Wave is an awesome product. If I ever had to show someone my hometown I'd definitely use Wave to show them maps, pictures, videos, statistics, links etc. It's just that to do the talking I'd always just call them.

Nemanja [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I like it. But they really must make chatting easier and more logic.

ralle [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

See it more as framework or protocol, less as a webservice:

mashup sites will use the protocol for simple fun stuff first. those sites will not look and feel like the fullblown wave, more like realtime-twitter-chat or stuff. then one app after the other wave will be the basis of many interesting stuff. I am sure, this'll change the web. maybe not in 2 or 3 years, but in 5 or 6 years!

David W [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

This is the most comprehensive review of Google Wave I've seen yet. As a potential developer I've been very interested to finally see it in action. I'm getting frustrated waiting for an invite, though. It's a repeat of GMail all over again. ;-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!