Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Guru?  (View post)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Friday, December 18, 2009
14 years ago4,932 views

I don't understand why the different Q&A services seem to be different in different countries and still hasn't been released in the US

MZaza [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp
You forgot Google Ejabat http://ejabat.google.com, Google Answers for the Arab world.

Matt [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

It's there for me too...

imen66 [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

hi it is me im looking for you baby

rybomar [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

"Google Russia and Poland already have user-powered questions and answers services."

In Poland? Really? I'm Polish and I hear about it first time.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I think the reference to the Polish community site is a mistake. Google tested an early version of Google Help Forums in Poland, not a general-purpose q&a site. That version was very similar to Google Otvety and the other flavors of Knowledge Search.

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-06-27-n58.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Ionut, I was trying to list related Q&A technologies by Google, one reason for this was to point out potential technological overlap (though not necessarily actual usage overlap), so I think the reference to the Polish site is relevant in such list, as is a reference to Google Groups. The Polish site used to read: "Google Help is an unmoderated forum for users wanting to discuss Google Products. We encourage you to ask questions, answer questions from others and exchange experience. A Google employee will pop in from time to time and post and their message will appear with a badge."

It also uses nearly the same layout as the "Guru" site of Thailand, including a green question mark, and a green question mark is also the icon of the Google Guru that was spotted on the account page. So I think that, while not the same (and Google Poland's help now changed) it is relevant here...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!