Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GMail delete button

Kunal Anand [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, January 18, 2006
18 years ago

Is it just me, or did Google add a delete button to GMail? Does anyone have an idea on when this started?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

where is it? I cannot find it, sorry

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, I think that's new.

Corsin, is your UI language set to "English (US)"? If not, try changing it and see if the button appears. (Since Google always releases new features in US English, this is the #1 reason why people can't always find them.)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

No delete button here

Are you sure its not a greasemonkey extension in firefox?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Definitely sure. I don't have Greasemonkey installed and I'm viewing it in Internet Explorer. Are you sure your language is set to "English (US)"?

It's next to the "Archive" and "Report Spam" buttons, before the "More Actions..." drop down. Maybe they're just rolling it out slowly.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That's good, I want that button (I don't see it yet).

On a side-note, my two main feature requests right now are:
- being able to copy a name from the sender bar (you need to expand to more details to be able to do that)
- a larger font for labels. It's just too tiny, what are they thinking... that we don't need to see it clearly? Well, for that we have the collapse button on labels...

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think they should impliment some sort of easy filter making mechanism so when i get an email from a newsletter i can just click a link in "more options" to start a filter for messages "from: <that address>"

as for smaller label font size, i'd have to cut some labels to make them all visible w/o scrolling ;)

Bratsche [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Again, I'm not seeing this, even with US English, Firefox, and refreshing caches. I hope they release it to all soon, since it would be quite useful.

tr.x [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think the "delete" button came from "move to trash"

Douglas Clifton [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Yup, gmail has been acting flakey the past day or two and just now it forced me to login again. Afterwards a delete button appeared, and the Greasemonkey version stopped working. So I just removed it. All is well.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!