Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Tibetans Protest Against Google and More  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
18 years ago

Tibetans and the Burmerse have always agitated against the Chinese governement. The world will only listen when it suits their fancy.

For the developed world, its just seems that its some far away – 3rd world country sheding buckets of tears – and humanrights issuse are not present..Bbecause if they accept it, then according to their own laws, will need to place trade sancations against these countries and them and this means stepping on the toes of the chinese regime..

yeah Burma is personal to me.. I am part Burmese too!!

Taiwanese Hank [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Frankly I am not ready to give up Search yet, as that'd mean the end of Internet Life as We Know It. Nevertheless I am now seriously considering activating my Firefox extensions, Greasemoney scripts, etc. to block out Google ads and help others do the same. Whereas before I was in love with all things Google, now I regard it as just another corporation doing what corporations have always done best: maximize returns for the shareholders, period.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Some people have suggested a distributed, decentralized and open source search system... to defeat censorship.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

but then again Philipp, thats exactly how the chinese also envision the paradigm
"Chinese authorities are determined to stop "harmful information" from spreading through the Internet, but the controls it places on Web sites and Internet service providers in mainland China do not differ much from those employed by the United States "

its distributed and decentrailized with infornamation that is solely prooganda machinary for both thought process..

e.g. the "deflamatory images" are not avialable on google.com (us/ca) on image searches..why ???

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!