Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Why Do Google Eat Food They Don't Like?  (View post)

Taiwanese Hank [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, February 21, 2006
18 years ago

A law should be passed that not only requires censorship but forbids the involved to speak of it. Then Google.cn would have to put up something along the line of "In compliance with local statutes we are not allowed to talk about what we may have done to your search results (not that we've necessarily done anything)".

Taiwanese Hank [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

BTW, this Firefox Stylish script (http://userstyles.org/style/show/76) can be easily made to replace Google's logo with, say, the Red China Google logo displayed on this post. Kinda fun, like masturbation. (But I suppose you could do this to, say, lots of University PCs? ;))

Mark Draughn [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

"Does a business operating in China need to constantly tell customers that it's abiding by the laws of the land?"

Has anyone at China Business Times ever opened a bank account, bought liquor, or gone to the doctor? At least here in the United States, I can't do any of those things without encountering explanations that certain steps are necessary to comply with the law. Idiots.

w.y. [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

hi, Phillips, will those blog posts of yours talking about China's censership policies as to the internet enlist you to the blacklist that would block you to enter China?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

W.Y., I don't know. That would be very bad.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!