Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Tolkien Google Logo Petition  (View post)

yhancik [PersonRank 2]

Friday, May 5, 2006
18 years ago5,303 views

I can't stand those Tolkien's fan

Joey [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Sure to run into copyright problems.

Jim [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yhancik: Why? It´s just fun.

Euphrosyne [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Does Google have a policy on their special art days? It seems to me that if they start taking petitions from every special interest group that can drum up whatever thousand signatures (signatures which the company has no interest in spending the resources to verify the authenticity of--and are thus basically worthless) then they'll forever be fighting off stupid requests.

OREO [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

This is stupid. Google makes a doodle of events or people that are special/inspiring to google... not to random groups of people. I am glad Google doesn't open it to the public to decide... I like going to google randomly and seeing interesting doodles or learning about those stuff.

yhancik [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

well, Oreo said it all, Jim.

Hyarion [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hello, I'm sorry to hear some of you seem to have taken the article the wrong way, which was probably my fault. It was not meant to be about "oh, Google is evil for not having a Tolkien logo and they should bow to their knees to fulfill everyones requests..." It was simply for the Tolkien community to have a bit of fun to create concepts for what a logo would like if there actually was one.

Thanks for your time.

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Oreo, if you don't think there are some big LOTR geeks at Google, then you don't know Google.

Beren [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Well, ... Tolkien is one thing, LOTR is another... still I think it is fun! And why not get every special interest group to play with the google logo... you could build a complete website around the concept. Anyways, Tolkien ricks and i truly think this petition a brilliant idea!! (but believe indeed google will not get permissions by the Tolkien Estate)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!