Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Sam Davyson's Web Riddle

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 11, 2006
18 years ago22,140 views

OK.......post posts about it in here from now on rather than in the Da Vinci Code Quest thread :)

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I started the quest! I went from level 1 to level 14.5a in just one second!?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Not bad Jake!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Sam, I think he means that he guessed the wrong word and ended up at that level by accident! (If you read the text used in Level 1, you can see how he could get to Level 14.5a...)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Seatle if you read the clue it tells you what you have to shift.

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tony – You're right. It was my only guess that went somewhere. After that guess, I tried other guesses, but none other worked.

mania [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

i thought that level 7 was difficult, but now that i have to solve the pre-set 3 riddle, i'm on my way right up to the mental clinic!! :)
the only things that are before the first level of set1 and set2 are credits and links. The "very beginning" has something to do, or i'm just losing it?

mania [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

ok, got it!
quite easy after all. But SO clever!

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah I guessed that that is what he meant, but I still thought that was quite a good move. 14 levels in a few seconds.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

*That* was truly awesome – thanks Sam!

http://riddle.davyson.com/legends/

Michelle Caby [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I can't do level 1! Is it morris code? What do I do with those graphing numbers??

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Mania, I'm right where you were on your last post. Credits or links? I don't see a pattern anywhere in sight. A little help, if ya please!

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I don't know why I always get it right after I post, but Mania, that was clever BUT NOT EASY. I have grey hair from you, Sam.

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

A few of us are stuck on level 11. (Follow my lead...). We've read all about it in the forum, but we can't seem to get anywhere. We're thinking periodic system or musical notes or the alphabet or in other even more weird lines...
Please give us a direction. Thank you.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Anyone complete set 5? I've got 6 words and numbers, but no idea what to do now.

[put at-character here]Slynge: Note that there are numbers 1 to 26. What is the significance of 26? Also, that center line represents numbers, so be careful to see which line the black mark is attached to.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Anybody to 13? I can't seem to solve the picture. Google I've used, but no solution seems to work.

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The last word in a picture... It's a good one! No skills – just think!

I'm having trouble with 14. I've seen the thing (and think I know what it means..) but can't seem to use it to get to even 14.a or 14.b which are mentioned a lot in the forum.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The last word in a picture I got. I can't remember what level that was. Thirteen is "You will not need to unearth the word."

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Oh, sorry, have you done the math? When you have, think about the fact that it was upside down...

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Ok, now I'm stuck again. On level 16. How do you get social with a command line? Do I have to put something in the YubNub-thing? And what to do with the pictures? Please help!

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

- I mean, are you supposed to do something with what's on them like a rebus or something, or was it just "the names" of the pictures you were supposed to get?

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Ahh, that did the trick. Once I stood on my head it became quite obvious. Thanks for the tip, Slynge

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Right!
By the way, I'm on level 20 now, so nevermind about the other one. Thanks.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Ahh, Come-on now. I was just going to say that I finished 16 and I was going to race you to the end. Not a chance now.. Good job. Especially since you only beat me by sixteen hours.

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

You can still beat me. I'm only halfway through this one. It's the "level of levels" and it's tough.... Levels 17-20 weren't that tricky. Ask away and come give me a hand on 20!

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

17-18-19 were fairly simple, though my head almost exploded staring at that picture on 19. Where to start on 20... Hmmm..

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'm having trouble with orange, so if can help me with that one I'll do my best to assist you on the others. I think the best way to go is to take one at the time. All the bits will come together in the end I hope. Slynge.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'm having a problem with all of 'em except yellow. I'm pretty sure I figured out the clue on Indigo, but I'm not sure how to apply it, and I see the clue on red but have no idea what to do with it. Style = Level1... I'm not sure how I made it this far, to be honest.

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Style=level 1 is all you need for red. And just try different things with the indigo-clue. Other clues will reveal themselves as you go along.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Still a little stumped on red, but I managed to crack most the way through Indigo. Just stuck with the three words now. I'm have Orange in the back of my head. Where are you at?

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

"I have orange," that is.

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I hate to ask, but I have to. Does Red require pouring back over Level 1 for clues, as I have been, or am I completely off base?

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

There are no clues hidden back there, no. But remember what you did in Level 1. Something with c*******, right?

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Oh, and I finished. =) Hehe. ;)

MacLaddy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Congratulations!! Hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

Slynge dk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Thanks! How far are you? Sly.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!