Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Personalized Homepage Problem?  (View post)

Riccardo [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, May 11, 2006
18 years ago5,850 views

An italian problem here:
   http://www.molecularlab.it/atreliu/diario/2006/05/errore-in-google-in-homepage.asp
   "Prima_NON_BREAKING_SPACEpagina" instead "Prima pagina"..

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The homepage modules er i mean gadgets can be added to the sidebar now.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I believe the problem is related to a greatly increased volume of traffic to personalized homepages yesterday due to the conclusion of the Da Vinci Code Quest which required use of the personalized homepage. I had the problem all of yesterday after noon (central time) when the puzzle came out. I am not seeing the problem now, many hours later.

Tim [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm getting that stupid message all the time.

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Aye,

This comes up a few times a month for me, over the last few months. For several Google services (Analytics, Gmail, Adsense) that I use.

Probably partly 'cause I log out and log in regularly, and to a few different Google accounts.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

BTW The Da Vinci Code Quest was great playing, only a shame that I live in Europe and that I'm not worthy to enter the price drawing...

Google think global!!!

Adam B. [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

[put at-character here]Caleb E How can you add hompage modules to the sidebar (or as a floating widget or whatever they call them)? I haven't seen this feature anywhere. It would be great to have a google reader desklet...

Salman .s [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

what is google personalization?

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It is a Google homepage that you can add modules to, now called gadgets. You can add things like Date and Time, News, How To of the day, and much, much more!! :)

http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en

Wayne Hartell [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I started getting this problem on both of my machines since yesterday. Now its just plain annoying. Even if I revert my home page to regular google, it still does it, and even if I type in the URL manually, I still get it. Bollocks if you ask me.

TK [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

same problem here...

Nicholas A. [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've been experiencing a similar problem with my google homepage, getting these annoying 403 error pages all the time. I've scanned my computer with various tools and even though it is clean, I still get these "we're sorry but..." messages. Does anyone have an idea of what might cause it?

McNulty. P [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

This is a real pain in the arse and not of any use, just because I refresh my home page regularly I'm expected to type in the bloody code every 5 minutes, well fook you google – I'm off elsewhere!

dango [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I didn't get the problem during the Da Vinci Code quiz time, but I've got it now... Even worse, the picture isn't coming up, so I can't progress. Any solutions out there?

decay [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Ive started getting hgis probelm too. I've given up and gone to Yahoo!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!