A Google Trends Game  (View post)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 22, 2006
18 years ago3,669 views

Clever idea. Works great..

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

18 years ago #

Nice game.

Would it be much work for you, Philipp, to add some statistics(How many times where I wrong? Which is my strongest topic) or highscore features to it?

Pip [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Stats about what the average user supposed to be the right answer would be cool too. I'd like to see where most users were wrong and which question almost anyone could answer right....

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Funny game, I could become an addict of it if only I had some more time...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I pondered adding a highscore but it would mean image analysis (starting from the top of the PNG image and going downwards, which color do you hit first, red or blue...), which would mean caching all possible images on this server or having the overhead of real-time image processing. But maybe I'll add that...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

(Hmm, I could also cache them on my PC and only upload the results blue vs red.)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> I pondered adding a highscore but it would mean image analysis...

How about asking the user whether they guessed correctly? It wouldn't be 100% accurate if people lied (or clicked the wrong answer by mistake) but the system could go with what the majority said...?

BTW – no results for this one:
http://blogoscoped.com/searchedmore/?mode=answer&answer=Buddhism&word1=Protestant+Christianity&word2=Buddhism

Watertower [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've got a Google game too called "Unique Up On It" ... check it out at http://uniqueuponit.blogspot.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!