Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdSense Site Diagnostics  (View post)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 21, 2006
17 years ago4,265 views

I am impressed. Google really tries hard to improve their products. And it already is available in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Ungarian and more.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Absolutely not new
this tab appears only where there are "bugs" or "errors" according to the mediapartner bot for adsense ;-)
When the bot can't access to some pages for example ;)

SEO Portal [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]TOMHTML;

I haven't seen the tab before, and now I have it and it is empty..

so no problems apparently..

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> this tab appears only where there are "bugs" or "errors"

As my screenshot shows, I can also see it even though there are no errors.

http://blogoscoped.com/files/google-site-diagnostics.png

Hermon [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philip-
http://israblog.nana.co.il/blogread.asp?blog=213241&blogcode=4140616
it was also forum!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yep, now this tab appears for everybody, if there is errors or not. That why I wasn't suprised.

(I remember this tab appeared when, by mistake, I let a Adsense on a password protected page)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This must be part of their new aim to open information up to webmasters. I wonder if the sitemaps team worked on this?

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I see the tab even though I have no errors.

This is kinda interesting ... as Google seems to have decided that if your Adsense Publisher ID is on a page, then you are (kind of) the "owner" of it and shows if there are any problems.

I.e. an increasing phenomena I've seen is "revenue-sharing" where Publisher ID's are rotated on a page. If that page has an error, who exactly who should be notified via the Adsense Diagnostics?

I.e. is this more a "we could not find a targetted ad for page XYZ" ... or a "we could not crawl page XYZ for some reason" and if the later, doesn't this just totally replicate what sitemaps already does ... and note that forces you to "prove" you are the site owner.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah Dan that occured to me, this is basically sitemaps isn't it? But obviously it is a neater place to have it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!