Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Seller-Rating System a Threat to eBay?

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 1, 2006
17 years ago3,088 views

eBay and Amazon have feedback systems to help shoppers evaluate third-party sellers, and with the launch of its Checkout service, Google is introducing its own seller-rating system that is independent of marketplace.

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m08/i01/s04

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Seller-Rating System > S – R – S > 1 "R" and "2" S > RS2...
Just an assumption... :-)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

" Checkout service, Google is introducing its own seller-rating system that is independent of marketplace."

but unless the transaction can be treated with quality, whats the point on a seller rated system ??

Every buyer is having problems with checkout..so every seller gets zero points in my books..!!

google should put the horse before the cart...not the other way round.. the revenue bucket (i.e commissions) can only be made if I (the buyer) can completed MY transaction.. ..yes read MY in capital letters :)-

So far, this has been a lousy experience for most early adopters who are interested in Checkout!!

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wouldn't say every seller. With the birth of Blogosphere, every single issue is being blown out of proportion. So does Checkout really suck that much ?

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I agree with Sohil, i've used it without a problem. These are popular websites, i'm sure a large portion of people have used checkout with problems.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ok without being mean to Google.. I think its prudent to say on an average 2 users have a good expereince and 8 users a bad one.. so its a 20/80 sysndrome on this round..

and yes, my alerts is still on for "checkout" and "google purchase", so wherever anyone creates content on using those terms – I get the alerts in about 4-5/days..at time even weeks. However, this still gives me inisght and view points on the "issue [s] is [that] are being blown out of proportion" ... on checkout.. :)-

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh David has a classic here.. go and read davids updates w/checkout issues!!

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/59485.html#id59739

"The upshot of it from the client's point of view is that they gave up, too many problems, and are sending me a check!!"

geeeeeeee.. the seller gave up.... now what ?? Google has to listen and make sure that they address the root issues of functionlity .. if the assest is not performing they should have never have launched it..!!

Thats plain bad business in simple english..!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!