Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Yahoo Corporate Blog  (View post)

pk_synths [PersonRank 2]

Wednesday, August 2, 2006
17 years ago3,969 views

I don't think the fact that Google doesn't want to open their blog for comments is because they don't want to but simply because they can't. Matt Cutts get over 100 comments for each post and he has trouble approving and reply to some of those. Now if Google Blog, which is more general unlike Matt's SEO focused blog, opened their comments they could easily top 1000s of comments and who has the time and patience to approve all those comments.

Also imagine all the backlash comments pissed off SEOs would leave and the controversies from "Google deleted my comment because I mentioned click fraud" etc etc etc. Can of worms I say.

I'd close my comments too.

-PK

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

PK – a point to note.. how does Richard Eldeman manage ..one of the few C-levels folks that blog..or how does CEO (SUNW) Jonathan do it ?? Or for that matter of fact Bob L from the GM blog ??

comments are conversations, if there are 1000 comments, then that would be a harverst of information that can be leveraged for a corporation..

I think a google has not yest clued itself onto the 'cluetrain' and if are already on it, then I am not seeing that fact!!

Obli [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Now we're only missing the MSN equivalent. Is there one?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

actaully MSN teams have there own blogs which are comments enabled..

But nope, MSN does not have a corproate blog.. In fact Yahoo is the first off the block on this round .. Its an offical Corporate Blog :)- The other blogs are C-level staff who have ths std discliamer " its thier views only yada yada nice speech" caveart!!

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think its good Google keeps Comments closed too.

Look at Writely's Blog. Look at the Spam when it's barely famous. Imagine Google.

http://writely.blogspot.com/

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

nice Y! wallpapers and screensavers they made avail.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!