Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Schmidt joins Apple’s Board of Directors

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
17 years ago4,505 views

CUPERTINO, California—August 29, 2006 —Apple® today announced that Dr. Eric Schmidt, chief executive officer of Google, was elected to Apple’s board of directors at their meeting today. Eric also sits on Google’s board of directors and Princeton University’s board of trustees.

click here :
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/aug/29bod.html

What do you think about that?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Apple + Google = Love

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Does google have stocks in apple ?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I read this "connection" between google and apple could reach an agreement. But I see that there is a man from Intel in the Google’s board of directors, and no real link between google & intel... isn't it?

-TD- [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "Google & Apple" – Tony]

Google CEO Dr. Eric Schmidt Joins Apple's Board of Directors

Source: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/aug/29bod.html
Via: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=310

-----

Interesting, could this be the start of something good?!?

Dave Stansbury [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It appears the Apple + Google relationship is progressing from talks and negotiations to in-depth integration. Basically they have gone from dating and flirting, to moving in with each other. I wonder what kind of offspring they will bring forth!

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes, I look forward to seeing new products from Gapple. Or maybe it's Goople. Gopple? :)

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Schmidt Apple (play off of Granny Smith Apple)

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Watch out!

Will there be "Red Apples"--will Macs soon be sold in China which censor text on your computer?

Am I a cynic? Maybe, but who would have thought Google would sell out?

Let's hope Dr. Schmidt brings wisdom and experience, not a desire to do business with dictators.

Phil Shapiro [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Maybe Google and Apple are planning to make Google's awesome processing capabilities available to Mac users via Xgrid. It would be neat to see something like DotMac Pro, where for a fixed yearly fee your Mac would be able to offload some processing tasks to Google.

Richard Brandt [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I was at the Google shareholders meeting, and during the Q&A, someone asked if Google would be doing more partnerships, and suggested Apple. Sergey was very enthusiastic in his response. He said they love Apple and would definietly be doing things together in the future. This could indicate a stronger relationship.

It's true that Intel CEO Paul Otellini is on Google's board. But Google needs experienced executives on its board, and that may not mean anything. This is the first time a top Google exec has joined another board, and they would probably look for a company that they want a relationship with. Jobs doesn't let many outsiders onto his board.

I think the interesting question is what they might do together. A Google-Apple branded PC? I like the idea of offloading processing tasks to Google.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!