Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Last Night's Dream: Google Sphere

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 16, 2006
17 years ago2,657 views

I had a dream last. Quite a random one, at that. I was in the park with my laptop and I was looking on Google... and I saw that they had announced Google Sphere... and news compilation program that uses the power of Google News, Reader and Blogger.

I woke up and thought about it... it sounds like actually quite a cool idea.

In the mean time, I had apparently slept through 6 phone calls and 3 door bell rings... now that's dedication to Google for you ;-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder if you subconsciously/ consciously noticed the little "sphere" buttons on TechCrunch, Searchblog and other places lately...

PS: Did you make a screenshot?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah, wheres the screen shoot for this GSphere ? its will be interesting to see how this works ..

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>> PS: Did you make a screenshot? <<

I could probably re-draw it out actually :-) it used very fresh, summery colours, and seemed to be like a downloadable pack. I think it was after I read about what Nick Baum stated in his Reader interview... saying he wishes feeds were recognised by "RSS" as such (it's like sayin "where abouts is that HTML page?")

He wants RSS to be more social, and that's what Google Sphere does.

Could I be any more vague?

17 years ago #

I once dreamt of a phone number. When I woke up, I called it. :)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Who's number did it end up being??

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

did you google the number first?

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That reminds me of a depressing dream I had about Niniane Wang's blog. I woke up convinced that I'd read a post by her saying that the best time in her life had been her college days, and that's why her new application in the social sphere was something like Facebook, allowing old college friends to find one another again.

I spent all my spare moments over the next day and a half searching her blog for anything like what I remembered. In the end there was nothing, and I cheered up no end. Here's hoping that what she calls the "coolest project in the world" really is going to be pretty cool.

17 years ago #

> did you google the number first?

There was no Google at that time! This was like over 10 years ago.
I don't remember who answered, or if someone answered, unfortunately. The only thing I remember is that I was disappointed after hanging up again.

Photoactive :)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Dreams are quite weird sometimes...
It was like 5 years ago when my grandfather had a dream that he will become a bill/millionaire by buying lottery. The next day he bought a few lottery tickets. He won, though not millions but hundreds. :D
<<...noticed the little "sphere" buttons on TechCrunch, Searchblog...>>
Yeah, I think they get pay for putting those links... M. Arrington is not stupid when comes to $$.

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'd like Google to actually come out with products that unite their current services. Not just features to tie them together.

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Acceptance is the first phase, my friend. Dreaming about Google? My name is Eytan and I'm a Googlholic.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!