Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Maps & The Simpsons

Alberto [PersonRank 0]

Monday, April 23, 2007
17 years ago6,224 views

Apparently Google Maps was featured in one of the last Simpson episodes. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flsx7ccOCB4

Must be a newer, real time, version of Google Maps though!

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google is getting mentioned in lots of tv shows these days. Loved the simpson's reference though.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The Simpsons ROCKS! ;-)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

was Google ever been mentioned in South Park ?!

Ondrej [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

David: In episode 4 of current season (The Snuke) there were mentioned many online services. IIRC Google was one of them.

17 years ago #

ohh..
cool!!

Thanks!

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

In real life there are 1,340,000 hits for Marge Simpson. Unlike the fake search results in the video, almost none of the real ones use all caps in the page title.

Heather Paquinas [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

that was hilarious

Howard Cronin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I wonder if they intentionally DIDN'T register those domain names. It's seems like anytime you mention a domain in any mass media format, you should have registered it months before the show airs... and I can't believe that NO one in the Simpsons team didn't think of that.

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

The ending is priceless.

On that note, live feed on Google Earth would be so awesome. I have no idea how you could do that (27 billion satellites?) but it'd be sweet.

But for the moment let's just push higher quality, I want to be able to zoom in until I can identify the cracks in the sidewalk outside my house.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Give it some decades, and people will find it really weird how back then we were looking at all those static, year-old satellite imagery.

17 years ago #

What are you talking about exactly Philipp?

David V. [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Great post. Saw this the other day after DVRing the Simpsons from the weekend. Pointed it out to my wife who quickly rolled her eyes at my obsession with references to search in pop culture ;)

17 years ago #

there's something wrong here:
Marge used Google Maps. but the URL is Google.com! :P

see for yourselves :
http://picasaweb.google.com/DavidHetfield/GoogleMore/photo#5057433270928143090

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] David. No she used "Google: Your House From Space"

17 years ago #

then whatever.. it supposed to be everything else but Google.com.. and it's not..

17 years ago #

Mabey google is Cloaking every other page so everyone sees Google.com over and over to emphasise there brand

17 years ago #

or maybe Google are paying Matt Groening some extra cash? :P

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

good idea james.. google controls the simpsons now too :o lol

it's funny – the key strokes on the web must all be conected somehow cause everytime i see something/watch something kool and i want to tell someone else (or just be lazy and ignore) a day later or close to that time someone else makes it public etc...

yeh i dunno what im saying ahah

17 years ago #

I know how you feel

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!