Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Test Another Google Prototype  (View post)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 4, 2007
17 years ago6,173 views

Note: the last double quote needs to be a standard one and you could wrap the statement in void() so that you don't have to click back afterwards. And if you do it whilst you're on the SERP, you can then just reload the page to see the results! :-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Fixed the double quote problem... thanks...

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nothing that new with this one (it's a hybrid, as you say), but it's good to see that the UI team are mixing and matching, based on consumer reaction.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Mambo, you rhymed =)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think the previous one is much better. Now there are a lot of redundant links and the top menu is almost useless.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

So useless...

Yemi Bedu [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hello,
   You can also submit the following the undo the changed UI:

javascript:document.cookie="PREF=; domain=.google.com"

I do not know it to add any side affects. Good day.

Yemi Bedu

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Does anyone know how to get the "green bars" UI seen a while ago?

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This one looks to me as the best, results are more in the center.

fgmassino [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I like it, and i think I like the new interface in Google Analitycs too.

Oren Goldschmidt [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

The UI in the screencap is quite reminiscent of Ask's current interface (And it isn't half bad). Sweet.

Kristian Karden [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Would like to have tried, but doesn't work at all. Not meant for Firefox? What's that /ncr, it directs me to the ordinary google.com or my ig page. In either case the new layout doesn't appear. Have tried deleting cookies, too.
Any help would be appreciated.

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Kristian Karden
/ncr lets you go to google.com without being redirected to your local page. Go to it. Paste everything in the box in the post into your address bar hit return. Then go back to google/ncr by pressing the back button and reload (refresh) the page. Now do a search and everything should have worked :D

Kristian [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately no way. When refreshing the page, I get google.fi (I live in Finland), and the search gives just the old layout. Anything to do with Ffox extensions, perhaps?

17 years ago #

I'm not sure. Try in IE (the /ncr that is, to see if its the extensions that are cusing it) or if you can't bring yourself to using IE use Opera.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Try replacing google.com with google.fi in the cookie. Or go to http://google.com/ncr when you paste that code; it will send you to the US version of Google.

Cookies are domain-specific and google.com is different than google.fi.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!