Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Acquired PeakStream  (View post)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 6, 2007
17 years ago4,463 views

I thought it was supposed to be 1 a month. I bet this month they will acquire more companies than they ever have in all the other months put together. Its unreal. Mabey they will start making computers sometime soon. I read in the Irish Times that they could produce a mid-range dell computer and sell it at €97 while still making a profit. This would certainly help them a long a bit

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

With the technology that PeakStream has, I wonder if Google could stock an entire data center full of PS3's and run it more efficiently than their current servers.

17 years ago #

PS3's suck

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

RE: James Xuan: "PS3s suck"...

In your opinion... others might disagree.

17 years ago #

Nope, everyone agrees. I bough a PS3 a Wii a 360 a DS and a psp and after 4 months i gave my PS3 to a friend coz I hated it, he passed it on and the person he passed it on to destroyed it in a video on youtube.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You gave away a $600 gaming system? Are you nuts?

17 years ago #

I really sucks and in Ireland it's €630 that $850. But he was a good friend, and he got me a wii and a ds for Christmas and I only got him a laptop. I've known him forever. Its was so funny when we got his old pc and dropped it from his works roof. WE though it would break and it didn't. Then his boss came out and we were like SH*T! But he asked what we were doing and we told him and then he got petrol and we burned it-class

yeah right [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

ars did some stuff on peakstream, like http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060918-7763.html

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The PS3 is being used by the Folding[put at-character here]home project as a distributed computing project that takes advantage of the Cell processors of the PS3. Here in the states you could pick up a ton of PS3's in stores because they aren't selling that well and then create a massive distributed computing project of your own. Its cheaper than buying a multi core computer.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!