Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Google Page Hunt  (View post)

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, August 2, 2007
19 years ago • 6,727 views

the easy ones...

1.. blogger
3... picasa or cpg (?)
6...google video
7...orkut
9...maps
10... this 1337 google
11... old search
15...earth
16...news or blogs
19... d&s

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Full URLs please Stefan :)

3 is not Picasa. 7 and 19 are correct (and possibly some of the others :))!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I don't want to spoil things... so my answers are here:

http://ruscoe.net/blog/uploads/google-page-hunt-answers.txt

I'm currently stuck on 4, 9, 12, 14, 15 and possibly 20.

Ones marked with a * are ones I didn't know and had to Google. Is that cheating? :-)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

1. Blogger Mobile http://www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g
3. Google Romance http://www.google.com/romance/tour.html
4. Dance 2004 http://www.google.com/googledance2004/3.html
5. Patents (via Google Cache) http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:v4_OJeB8DlYJ:www.google.com/ptshp%3Fq%3D%26tab%3Dpt+patents+%22jumping+snail%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a
6. Options http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
8. Answers http://answers.google.com/answers/
10. Google Hacker http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/why_use.html
11. Google 3 http://google.com/3.html
12. Google XUL http://www.google.com/mozilla/google.xul
13. Moms http://www.google.com/moms/
14. AdWords 2004 http://www.google.com/adwordsreview04/index.html
16. News http://news.google.com/news?q=google+moms&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn
17. Google Video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5464433032478283003&
19. Google Docs http://docs.google.com/
20. Google My Maps (No URL: it appears when you create a map)

NAcho [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

13 is from mother's day tribute:
http://www.google.com/moms01/

19 is from google docs:
http://www.docs.google.com

2 is from this little epilectic buddy:
http://www.google.com/Easter/feature_easter.html

1 is not this, but close enough:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42448

5 was way too easy, google patents:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=cLsGAAAAEBAJ

6 isn't the icon of google video uploader program?

17 is from the annoying upsetting frame google video puts above every video page.

That's all I can think of for now.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

OK... just found:

14. AdWords Year in Review – http://www.google.com/adwordsreview04/index.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Hey, Ionut, you're editing your comment above... that's not fair! :-P

[Edit – In case anyone's interested, when I posted this comment, Ionut only had answers for 1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 and 19.]

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

How do some people get to edit?

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

uh, urls...

1... http://www.blogger.com/img/onthego.gif

2... http://www.google.com/Easter/feature_easter.html

3... http://www.google.com/romance/images/6.jpg

4... http://www.google.com/googledance2004/images/games08.jpg (google dance 2004)

5... http://www.google.com/patents?id=cLsGAAAAEBAJ

6... http://www.google.at/options/icons/video.gif / http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/movies.gif

7... orkut

8... http://answers.google.com/answers/

9...

10... http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/why_use.html

11...http://www.google.com/3.html

12... http://www.google.com/mozilla/google.xul

13... http://www.google.com/moms/27.jpg

14...

15...

16... http://news.google.at/news?q=foo&hl=en

17...

18... http://www.google.com/logos/dilbert00.gif

19... http://docs.google.com/

20...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

15. Google Copernicus –
http://www.google.com/jobs/lunar_job.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

So we're all just stuck on 9? :-)

Rama [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Here you go.

#9

http://www.google.com/chad_bikes_america.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Found it!

9. http://www.google.com/chad_bikes_america.html

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Don't worry, Tony. I didn't look at your answers or smbd else's answers.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Rama, you just beat me to it!

I was too busy gloating that I'd found it to Stefan on Google Talk... ;-)

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Philipp, we are done... (-;

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Many pages are from:
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/google-pages-youve-never-seen.html
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/07/google-pages-youve-never-seen-part-two.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Hey Ionut, no worries – it's only a bit of fun – but it's interesting to see how quickly (or slowly) people were finding them since we were all searching at the same time!

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

thanks twitter http://twitter.com/blogoscoped/statuses/182847492 ;)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

>> Many pages are from...

And also linked to from here:

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/21986.html
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-03-06.html#n63

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I knew where 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 16, 17 19, 20 where before looking at the comments :)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

The only one I am stuck with is number 4. Well, I am late to the game. :)
(I remember No.9 was bike related, http://www.google.com/search?q=google%20bike : 4th result)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Ionut was "doping", Tony is co-editor :D ... so the Page Hunt cup goes to either Nacho & Stefan, whoever first guesses the pics below! OK, everybody else can guess too I guess, this is just for fun :)

21

http://blogoscoped.com/files/google-hunt/21.jpg

22

http://blogoscoped.com/files/google-hunt/22.jpg

[Edit: Oops: Stephan -> Stefan.]

Michael Fagan [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

hmn, my intention to be the first reply for #12 failed. blame bloglines's update frequency ;-)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

For 22 I am going for Google Moon, still looking for 21 though. :)

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Before i went to sleep yesternight there was no such game
In the morning i see the game started & every questoins got answered :(

Damn time zones

Looking at the replies I think I would have been the first to answer #2 as its bookmarked in my FF & I sometime play that game ;)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Rohit, #21 above is still unsolved :)

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

good morning...

hm, i think #21 is on a "take the tour" page, the service has his own (sub)domain [you see the 'm' from '.com'] and its the 'home' button from ie6...

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

http://webaccelerator.google.com/

http://webaccelerator.google.com/images/download_image.gif

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

You got it :)

jun castillo [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

good

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Well done Stefan!

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

oh! You guys serious
I thought #21 & #22 was a joke

Cause even by now all I can see is upto #20 only

Forum home

Advertisement

 
Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

 

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!