Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New: Sketchcast.com  (View post)

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

Monday, September 24, 2007
16 years ago6,404 views

Love your accent, Philipp. Also, this looks very well done. I think something like this has been capable for quite some time now, but this is a very clean way to do it. Not very sexy, but that can come later.

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Very interesting concept for online teaching/tutorial or online presentation.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

nice drawing.

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

Find a way to combine Sketchcasting with Google Blogoscoped: SketchUpCasting. :-)

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

This is awesome!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Coverbrowser.cow?

Personman [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

I suppose the addition of voice is new, but Oekaki has been around for quite a while now...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If anyone wants to Digg the site:

http://digg.com/tech_news/Sketchcast_com_new_tool_for_sketchcasting

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

dugg

Mark M [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

have you folks seen facebook's flash-based application called graffiti? i don't mean to plug it, i particularly *dislike* facebook and all applications, but it's a fantastic implementation. Moreover, it offers the 'replay' functionality.

an example, penned by me, of what you can do with it:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/graffiti/2eda09ae45ac9e7257d10ae58ef66532_580x270.png
(gave up on shading & coloring the face, the color palette is a pain)

a more professional foray, by someone else:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/graffiti/f38f2b6ac1eaa560fbec4c32b20edc6c_580x270.png

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

They sent me my password in plain-text. Hmm...

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Some time ago I registered sketchcasting.com.ar
I found that is not easy to "sketchcast" only sketching...
I think it turns into a concept. It's not about strictly sketching, but basing your discourse around the sketch. Richard Ziade went outside the sketch to show how to use RSS, recently. It was something like a screencast too. But I bet the sketchcast concept is something near to a style than to a straight form of expression.

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

This also reminds me of a concept I was interested in a couple weeks back where you would be able to upload an unlimited number of full songs onto a site and be able to play them back in a browser. I'm sure being able to embed them would be a common feature, but just being able to throw around a gig or two of music to wherever I am would be pretty useful.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Since time ago, I want to make a "multimedia blog"... For example, I want to tell my visitors how I feel with music making an ambience. Tomorrow maybe I'll want to share a couple of photos, and as you see each photo, I tell a part of the history. Or maybe I want to make a graph to you my visitors how well is my company growing... It's a bit hard to explain because I don't have polished the idea. Imagine it as a blog made with a big swf. Actually you can embed video, audio or almost anything, but I haven't seen yet something that lets you make things interact or arrange them the way you want.

anthropocentric [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Gimme a break – he didn't invent anything.

1) GE's imagination at work – been going for a few years.
2) ArtPad at Art.com
3) Tim Fahlberg at CoolSchoolTools.com
4) Academy123.com, a company acquired by the Discovery Channel that started four years ago. See NutshellMathPlus.com and other products.
5) LectureMate at YourOtherTeacher.com.

How's that for "prior art" for his "invention"?

Buried as LAME.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!