Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[ot] Photoshop Express public beta is now available

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, March 27, 2008
16 years ago2,975 views

<< Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® Photoshop® Express public beta, a free Rich Internet Application (RIA) available to anyone who wants to store, sort and show off digital photos with eye-catching effects. During the public beta period, Adobe will solicit Photoshop Express user feedback on product features and functionality, which will continue to evolve over time. >>

Announcement:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200803/032708PhotoshopExpress.html

Features:
* Store up to 2 gigs of photos for free.
* Non-destructive editing
* Remove Blemishes, remove red-eye, convert to B/W, Crop, Resize
* Pop Color effects, Sketch Effects, Distort effects

http://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

(Site requires Flash Player 9)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Odd, when I try to install Flash 9 it will tell me Firefox needs to be closed for this to work, so I close Firefox, but then the installation box seems to be stuck?

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Same here but it worked when I downloaded Flash 9 direct from the Adobe website (and closed Firefox).

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It worked for me using FF v2.0.0.13.
Here's what I did. When it asked me to close FF, I Ended the Process through Windows Task Manager and then relaunched FF and clicked to restore the tabs. It worked like a charm!

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Worked for me, but its not too special, it takes ages to upload or open/download a picture, but the picture editing qualities are great for a online suit.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Agree with David: it's slow to load and react, and even those things it offers are kinda limited (why such a small set of tints?), but it's also very impressive that there's a working thing of this kind at all, with instant visualisation. It's exciting, I think.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Firefox 3b4 (Already had Flash 9 installed)

Slow to load :(

Loaded photos from Facebook quickly, took ages with PicasaWebAlbums

I use a UK Keyboard and it reacts as if it's US (eg Shift + 3 is @ rather than £)
...Yes I know it says US only, but that's no reason to override my keyboard settings!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!