Google Blogoscoped

Forum

YouTube 2 Seconds Bug

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, August 22, 2008
15 years ago9,154 views

All YouTube videos stop playing after the first 2 seconds, but they continue buffering. If I click anywhere inside the video, it plays again but only for 2 seconds. Another strange thing is that there's no sound.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4664/youtube2secgu9.jpg

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Here it plays normal – e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4 – . Odd. Do you still get this error? Did you empty cookies, cache etc.?

15 years ago #

Thanks. I cleared the cache, restarted Firefox and now everything works fine.

Ylde [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I had the same problem yesterday... from two different computers. It works now (perhaps thanks to CCleaner :)

Aaron Liang [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I had the same problem for several times. Not only Youtube, but also other video sites. I solved it by simply restarting Firefox.

Luca [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Got same problem with FF3(0.1) . but i was thinking of FF problem ..any other experience with other browsers?

Armin [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Yes this happens to me all the time, I have to restart ff and then it works

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

So is it a flash problem only on Firefox? or is IE affected to?

Unicospring [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I restarted Firefox but still it does not work. How ?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Colin
I think it's a flash problem. I solved this problem by disabling then re-enabling flash.... I'll just try restarting next time :P

15 years ago #

It seems that this a problem related to Flash 9.0r115 and you should upgrade to a more recent version.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I've Shockwave Flash v10.0.0 d525 and Youtube stops playing after 2 seconds, since a couple of hours now.

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

btw: Flash 10rc breaks youtube HQ

Ben [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

CCleaner solves the problem but I don't know for how long. I think clearing the cache is the solution but that should only work so long before you have to do it again. As for a permanent solution, I don't think there is one. You would think it's a top priority for the guys at Mozilla especially with IE8 coming soon but the issue has apparently been around for some time now.

FF3 video debugger [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Hi,

Had the problem with one user and not the other on same machine.

User with the problem has a file
Documents and Settings{username}Application DataMozillapluginreg.dat

which I removed – no idea where it came from.

Fixed!!!!!!!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!