Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Holiday Doodle Shows Mouse  (View post)

Brock [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, December 21, 2005
18 years ago

And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even the mouse.

Luca [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The low part of the "G" seem like a part of the AOL logo.. (today news : google buy the 5% of AOL).

Yosh [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

brock's got it. this is one of his long progression ones – he's going to end with a sleeping mouse

MrNibz [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Looks more like a door than a "cardboard cut-out". Probably the reference to "all through the house".

Jamcnair [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Are you sure he's not wrapping a present? Part of the "g" looks like a fancy ribbon.

MrNibz [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The part of the "g" that is the "door" is cut-out.

marc ellis [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The cut out portion looks like a "c". Maybe it will spell out "calendar"

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://www.google.com/doodle10.html
(in reference to logo #2)
ITS A SCAM! it never was a simple colored logo, it was a cardboard cutout on a tye dye sheet THE WHOLE TIME. Wonder what they're plugging in?

José Mira [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

They're going to light the world: behind the google logo you can see planet earth (from google earth).

Matthias Debruyn [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Is it too obvious to say: "google covers the whole world" ?

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I had the same thought as Jose: The mouse opened the door to Google Earth and they have decorated it for Christmas =)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

If thats the earth what is the red part?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

on the personalized page, a snowman shows up now.

Luke Hudson [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Maybe the cat and the mouse represent that at Christmas time we should all be working together peacefully

Super Paddles [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Perhaps the cat is going to try and electrocute the mouse... like in Tom and Jerry!

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

They are going to light up the "Google" by connecting their lights.

The world (behind the open door) should cooperate like the mouse and cat are.

Eggxp [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Still wondering Why...

J Tray [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It's a contest to see who can come up with the 4th frame.

Sunil [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Could the power cord be a reference to broadband over power lines?

J Tray [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

More information: Dennis Hwang: Logo designer for Google.

For Piet Mondrian's birthday, Hwang transformed the "Google" logo to emulate the artist's signature style of utilizing colorful blocks. Claude Monet's birthday saw the logo turned into a dreamy watercolor, complete with floating lily pads.

Pope Gosman(觉皇) [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think mouse is AOL and cat is Microsoft .First picture shows that mouse want to cooperate with Google ;second picture shows that cat wants to represent Google(Googe din't know that) to cooperate with mouse ;third picture shows that mouse has known that the cat is not Googe and din't want to coopetate with it .

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Brinke, can you send a screenshot of the snowman? Can't seem to see it...

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

it's not there anymore!

Arenal Volcano [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

The cat is the first world country.
And the mouse is the third world country
The cat help the mouse to light this world
Merry x mas google
www.arenalvolcano.com

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp: yeah its disappered for me too!!(The snowman has melted!b

Everyday, I am seeing the doddle changin is anyone doing screen shoots ?

Garett Rogers [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=58 has a picture of the snowman that appeared for some people

Pritesh Patel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Last years Holiday Doodle did not seem to have any kind of metaphorical theme like you are trying to see in this years (at least none that I see). See this link for last year's: http://www.google.com/doodle9.html

Perhaps, the cat and mouse will eventually mate the power cords to light up the "Google."

Noah Katz [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

all fathers day logos from 03-05 tell a story
story goes 04's logo,03's logo, and then 05's logo

Jorge Burgos [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hmmm.... i think that this is great idea people is developing from a dark side of google..maybe this forum is for increasing google´s rating at market, creating some kinf of mistery in the picture?? thats odd, anyway if thhis kinds of forums keep appering, you could expect "mysteries" all over the next year!!... i already seen 20 forums, very nice do. I think that the logo represents a year advancement in "worlds dmination"!! hahah my paranoia is always getting me into ideas... but anyway they never fail, this forum was created by a google ofice worker.

Sogrub_Egroj-----------> happy Xmas, newyear, 6 more years for the end of the world and a big!!! masive histeria kind of paranoia.

J Tray [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm betting that Pritesh Patel figured it out. When the Cat and mouse get it plugged in The Google will light up. Will this occur Christmas morning or New Years Day?

Jorge, It's drugs that make you paranoid. Ever seen a Cheech and Chong movie?

J Tray

Sophia [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Aloha . . . I love google art. I'm happy waiting for the next frames. What was the last piece of art that had my interest? Eggs.act.lei.

Anthony [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

looks like the mouse and cat gave up the plug, but what is it that the mouse is working on now?

Daphne [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Making and extension lead? Could be seen as bridging the gap between what at first seem like irreconcilable odds!

ginjac [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

In my opinion, they couldn’t establish the connection due to the shortage of cable. Mouse now trying to put some extra length and finally, GOOGLE will shine out!!!

Ranger [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

It's not so deep. What's the secular Christian world doing: decorating for Christmas. So are the cat and the mouse. I 'spect the word in question to light up with lights like a decorated tree or housetop. Cat and mouse exemplify the spirit of cooperation. My take, anyway.

james [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

all the other holiday doodles from previous years ended after 5 doodle's so my guess is it will finish christmas morning.

Pranab [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

An advent calendar.. hmm.

So the "Google" is just a cutout and the colours are from behind. The lit-up scene should be interesting, once the smart little mouse gets the connection made.

averix [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

why dont you all just wait and then you can spend all christmas looking at it, then you can talk about your emotions on the subject and share storys of how you rate the pictures and if you have a 3 minutes spare, you can talk about your life story.

jakz [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

lol i agree....

and y the hell wud it light up on new years day wen its the "5" google doodles of christmas???

u r looking into this WAY to much people.... try gettin laid..

and broadband over powerlines?? wtf???

its a mouse and cat pluggin in lights... thats all.... not aol, not broadband over lines.... geez no wonder why people call u lot nerdz

chris [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i love the internet

L [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Merry Christmas anyway!

derek [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yeah. nerdz.

Sogrub_Egroj_ [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

ohhhh. happy crismas, and dont forget chinnesse people are getting a bout 24 satelites around the earth globe, to compite whit GPS? comon men.. bull S"#$ t... the mouse is modifing google earth, whit this new (2009) dninesse tecnology it would make polemic aproaches to privacy and stuff... beware of chinesse people they could be looking straigth to us rigth now

Sogrub_Egroj-------------------------->

18 years ago #

and remeber people from the future are going to read this kinf of forum like we read bible and stuff, so evrything you say is more impotant than you think... is that paranoia??? no!! is not, is true, for example: i will give an ultimate true, for those people in the future that are starting to make electricity their path to evrywere, remeber that me<---- im a a patron of electricity to----> please bring me alive again i will teach how to scape. 2005
Sogrub_Egroj---------------------------->

anil [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I really think google is going to release a new product or service on christmas day and this is not an ordinary christmas doodle becoz it does not say anything christmasy at all only think they might be trying to say is we are working with all the people to connect. The cat and mouse might signify people from opposite camps working together for a benefit

DEESKEE FORE [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

If you notice on the second day, the cat is coming through the "cut out letters." His head and paw are coming through the red "e," and his body can be seen through the green "l," and of course his hind end and tail are seen through the door and the blue "g," where the blue light is shining through. Maybe the word "Google," is so big (You know by now, you can google everything!), it's shining down from space (like stars) into our atmosphere! Or it is what it is, just some great computer graphics!

bob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i think Sogrub_Egroj has had a bit too much christmas cherry :s

bob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

*sherry .....

and i think google have done what they were trying to achieve... because of what they have done, people are talking about it... that means more publicity and all this build up is for tommorow to encourage people to goto google even on christmas day. does anyone agree?

tevfik bulent ongun [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

they will start a project for free wireless internet. it will probably start from San Fransisco and then some countries all over the world! :) GOOGLE ROCKS

An uninspired observer [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Um, just a thought; go out and do something with your lives instead of speculating what the google cat and mouse team are going to do next!

18 years ago #

yeah the cat.. ohh yeah i see. you all just care about the cat and the mouse
but you dont see.. o no you dont...wait until nano tecnology, and wait util we will be able to send virus created by a computer throug satelites inside peopleos bodies.. lets say... 50 years? yeah that my guees 50 years for we to able to manage elcetricity in a god way, we could even understand our patreons you now?? sounds weir dbut obviously u do aderstad.
Sogrub_Egroj--------------------------------->

noob pwner [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

we manage elecricity in a god way now you moron... its called... turning on a light.. and all viruses are made on a computer noob

very scared man [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

OMG! Who's let those animals free on electrical equipment? My God, they're using un-earthed 2 pin plugs! And what's the mouse doing now??? He's rigging up some sort of thing to connect the two cables because they don't reach. This is LIVE ELECTRICITY YOU MORON. HELL'S TEETH! He's going to blow the whole google home page to kingdom come.

For the love of God! Someone do something!

gusy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i click teh cat and appeared all the series of the cat and mouse and the obvious sign it will conitnue..

mandy waller [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

last years doodle wes non sence this years is theb best

ttt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

very scared man-get a grip you freak!
gusy- learn how to spell, ya loser!
waks-watch your language and go to church!
mandy waller- you need yo learn how to spell,too, retard!

hahahehe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

OH NO caty cat cat and mousy gonna take ova the world thatl show u all!!!

Innocent Bystander [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Sogrub_Egroj, I hope that people in the future most certainly do not read your waste of space blogs "like we read bible and stuff." I get the feeling that English is not your primary language, but even so, if your grammar and word structure is terrible you can at least do us all a favor and use spell check once in a while.

J Tray [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

More info at
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/051116-180310
and also some nice google doodles at ...
http://www.google.co.uk/events/doodle4google.html

and Merry Christmas to all of you.
May your day be merry and bright and all your google searches be right.
J Tray

matt [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yeah... the google title will light up... end of story... no secret aol shit... no cat and mouse/world peace connection... just two animals caught in the middle of a war... for neon signs....

i dunno...

jentz [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yup...just as i thought...the google sign lit up! have no idea why some of you people thought it meant the cat and mouse were like microsoft and stuff...thats just thinking 2 much about a picture! i mean gee....nice work matt 4 writing ur comment in PLAIN ENGLISH...and well..yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! happy new year 2!! :D

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Egad!!- the googcat and the googmouse made the connection. Googs logo now has christmay look/lights!! :)-

Steve93101 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Took me awhile to relize that the mouse is running in a generator wheel that powers the lights! Please note that the (third world) mouse is doing all the work, being dominated and forced by the (first world) cat. The cat can reverse the current and electrocute the mouse at any time. This is propaganda against freedom and the American way of life, google is trying to gain our sympathy and the overthrow of the cat, paving the way for everything to be the same and "googleized".... the rise of the Goog-Communist paty in the U.S.A.

zach_attack [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Couldn't they have just gotten a longer cord??

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

dunstain [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

when they read our blogs from the future they're gonna be like, "What the hell is goog-communism?"

etat nedron [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

or they'll say, "this man was a genius! he predicted goog-communism!"

matt [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

TOLD YOU...

the sign simply lights up.... duh

there is nothing more to it..!! stop trying!!
!

matt [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hey so maybe for new years the lights will go out as a y2k mockery....

ha! jk... prolly shouldnt have said that cuz I'll keep you nerdy foke up all night pondering this possible goodle sign option...thinking its another double meaning....

dont you all have families to be eatting Xmas dinner with...? or gifts?

well anyways... marry Xmas all... I had fun reading all your opinions... LATER!

very scared man [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Re: my post earlier.

Sorry Americans, I realise you all use 2-pin unearthed plugs. It wasn't meant to offend.

Don't expect me to ever visit your country though, the whole thing's wired to BLOW AT ANY TIME.

xsdenyd [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i came to read all these to find out where that power extention cord went,
Steve93101 answered my question, Thank you
Do not know much about what cat and mouse represents or what not........................................

Me [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

That's about the dumbest thing I have ever seen… I wouldn’t be surprised if Google’s stock dropped as a result of their stupid logo. What’s the matter? Too tough to draw a Christmas tree or Santa Clause. What did that have to do with Christmas?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> What did that have to do with Christmas?

Me, I guess Google knows not everyone's celebrating xmas... imagine, every of their logos has to please a global audience with different religions etc. Sometimes they tailor it to just a country (Independence Day for US visitors only), but I don't think they would tailor it to a specific religion. Not that xmas is an incredibly religious festival (I saw xmas tress and santa clauses in Malaysia, which is a Muslim country/ government), but it has religious origins...

amateur consipracy theorist [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

wtf?? That's the dumbest mouse ever. The cat wants to see the mouse kill himself getting exhausted so that he
can devour him while the mouse thinks hes working hard
to make a nice display for his friend. Couldnt the mouse just made a extension with the same stuffs he made the treadmill with and saved himself a lot of sweat? maybe it hints that google is planning to devour someone while fooling them into thinking they are nice pals??

Me [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Granted their logo needs to appeal to a wide variety of people… but what they came up with sucks. Not only is it one of the dumbest things I have ever seen but it also doesn’t have anything to do with Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s or any other holiday. Don’t know why they couldn’t have incorporated a little bit of each of those holidays into the logo. If they are going to do something so lame that is completely unrelated to anything, why do it?

Jill [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Makes no sense to me.. its the most dumbest idea google have ever got. I seriously dont understand what's got into google's head when designin got this yr's theme..

Sasa [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

making a generator needs lots of wires, coils magnets, time! Just they could have used an extention cord. I didn't like the cat. It has a foxy – canine face!

El Vampiro [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I just noticed that the mouse is the brains of the whole operation
Need Proof?
The mouse is the one to open the door, peek out and come out first.
He's the one coordinating the whole effort
When Plan A doesn't work, he swiftly switches over to Plan B
This lad has leadership qualities!

hannah xxxxx [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Awww dey worked 2getha nd managed 2 light up da word GOOGLE!

dandy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

google is awesome merry xmas every body – i am poor i have 1 roll for one day

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!