Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Latitude History and Alerts  (View post)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
14 years ago5,336 views

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2009/11/google-latitude-now-with-location.html

<<Since the launch of Google Latitude earlier this year, we've been getting a lot of feature requests. One of the most popular ideas was for Latitude to keep track of location history, allowing you (but not your friends) to see where you've been at any point in time. Another popular idea was to notify you when you're near your Latitude friends so you can easily meet up or grab lunch. Today, we're happy to introduce both Google Location History and Google Location Alerts (beta) to let you do even more with Latitude.>>

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Luka [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Hey I Know this dude : it's TOMHTML!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Huh?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Dodgeball.

Vegetable [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I would have expected the Latitude team to release a proper developer API along this announcement.

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Finally they have implemented the obvious but highly useful feature of searching where I have been. It's one of the first features that comes to mind when playing around with a TomTom or Garmin. Glad the folks at Google got it.

I got the new TomTom and I could clearly see that it's not made by the same people anymore. It just sucked compared to the perl they had come with a long time ago.

By the way I wish people would stop giving away their ideas but rather form start ups and work together. But so few people think this way...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

LOL, and this is fake because I'm not in Bethune currently ^^
Thanks Philipp, you made my day.

PS: for people who love the wonderful moustache and haircut of my avatar, it's an latino-american singer ;)
http://place1.dyndns.org/music/files/images/detailed/1530139.jpg

JEShack [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

This feature reminds me of xkcd comic.. :3
grrrr...

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]TOMHTML
Excellent, I was actually wondering about your avatar few hours ago, when playing with Latitude. By the way, this Blogoscoped post may be the greatest Internet ad for Béthune ever :P

UCI Study [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

We are researchers studying people’s attitudes towards Google Latitude. If you have heard of Google Latitude (whether you have used it or not) and are at least 18 years old, we would like to talk with you. Please email us back at ucistudy[put at-character here]ics.uci.edu

We are conducting this research under the Institute for Software Research at the University of California, Irvine.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!