Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Baidu vs Google (Video)  (View post)

Martin Wang [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, January 18, 2006
18 years ago

Yeah. What you said is totally ture. The commercial implies Baidu is more Chinese than "others", one of which is obviously Google. The commercial borrows the story of a very famous Chinese poet in the past. This guy was a genius of literature, and was sooooooooo good at playing words. In this commercial, he completely fooled the foreigner with his Chinese advantages. He put punctuations in different positions to make up the article of different meanings. The foreigner had no idea of how to deal with him, because of lack of understanding of Chinese, and at last was beaten totally.

With this commercial, Baidu wants to express himself that he has great technical advantages of processing requests in Chinese. Requests will be analysed according to Chinese mind, information will be searched for in more Chinese way and the results will of course better meet users' requirements, accordingly.

Ken [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

The basic dialogue is the westerner saying, "I know." In reply, the Chinese speaker says, "I know you don't know that I know you don't know."

Kinda Rumsfeldish. We know what we know. We know what we don't know. We don't know what we don't know. Gives me a headache just thinking of it.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

blog.outer-court.com doesn't appear in the first 100 results for "google blogoscoped" in Baidu. Only authorama.com seems to be on 87.

kd [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Actually, this commercial have only been released on the internet.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Baidu will be bought will bought out by Google , I think, It services the Chinese Search markets.. supper impose all its current technlogy like mobile search, local, IM etc etc.. Google will then have the biggest market peneration in the search .. and that will do for them, as this is the bigest market!!

I dunna, this maybe a rumble of mine :)-

Jiyong Xu [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

As being censored by Great Firewall, google is some times not functioning normally. For the fact that the majority people in China doesn't know the censoring thing, they just think baidu is easier to use than google.

leolee [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

These series of ads were part of baidu's viral marketing campaign.
Video clips were only available online and all the distribution work done by bloggers and forum users.

It also won an award for the most creative ads of the year in the 12th China advertising fastival.

KenWong [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Just a exhibitionism.

Jiyong Xu has told the all the fact.

xLight [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Agree What Jiyong Xu said.

Behemoth [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Interesting Fact, Baidu.com is not accessible from Taiwan, at least not by the Internet I an using here... Taiwan is outside the second Big Wall...

;) [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

outsiders will never get the feeling of the natives. There's just too much to explain....
BTW, when did Tangbohu become a genius of literature..?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

heres a good reference article by infoworld on why folks in china dont like google

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/01/19/74326_HNchinagoogleusers_1.html

a-giĆ¢u [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Behemoth: I can access Baidu (or just about any other website) just fine here in Taiwan – not that I ever use it: I banned Baidu's ultra-aggressive spiders some time ago.

smokeonit [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i think this is a sign of the growing racism in china... sorry to say this, but many chinese resent foreigners and this commercial channels those feelings...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!