Google Blogoscoped

Forum

is google better than yahoo

jeebitesh@yahoo.co.in [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, October 23, 2004
19 years ago

Why do you think google is better than yahoo?
If it is than what are the feature which make it better than yahoo?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Is this a general question or referring to a specific article of my blog?

I don't think Google is better than Yahoo per se. They are often two different things. Yahoo got RSS. Google got leaner search, better email, and they often keep a few steps ahead. Yahoo got Yahoo Games, and some content at Yahoo News. They got a music store as well, so they clearly don't mind to provide content as well (Google doesn't really do that).

google [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Google is better

edward mcgee [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

well google makes it easier to use net and a lot quicker at finding things id never use yahoo ever again if you try to find things on the net like addresess yahoo comes up with to much pages and can never find it

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

As a search engine, google is better
As a webmail provider, google is better
As a portal, yahoo is better
As a music store, games site, etc etc etc, yahoo is better simply because it IS these. google isnt, google is a search engine.

Donald Duck [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

What dose everyone think of ask Jeevs

parastoo [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

please help me
i am a student on univercity
my professor told me <give me one of searchs from is better google ? or not
please help me
eeeeeeeee

parastoo [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

please , if you have a messege ,send to my email
my mail is "popigi[put at-character here]yahoo.com"

Jockey [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Try looking for basketball plays on google and on yahoo and see who comes up with a play first.

Hmm, maybe i need to tell google a different word for a basketball play.
Somebody knows one? (And I mean plays like pick and roll and 2-1-2 zonal defence,etc.)

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ask Jeeves is still in business?

Jeff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

If you send the same email to both of them, you should expect to get fast respond from Google rather than Yahoo!

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Which is better?

Depends what is really most important. Speed? Getting what you want on the first page instead of the second? The little open-in-a-new-page link?

How about the most fundamental difference?

Yahoo informed on a journalist in China, who is now serving 10 years dangerous labor. Many prisoners in China have been killed-on-demand to supply the government's booming human organ market, so his prospects are questionable.

Google hasn't – Yet. That makes them a bit better, but they are on the same slippery slope which led to Yahoo's deal with the devil. Since "Do No Evil" no longer means NO Evil, but SOME Evil, we must continue to watch and protest--or the NO will quietly vanish altogether.

Human rights. Should be a feature, not a problem.

Adil Arif [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hallowed are the Google, may their divine wings spread blessings onto their children

P.S. I know I have an obsession with Google

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!