Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Interlude  (View post)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, September 7, 2006
17 years ago5,856 views

"The rest will follow. Right?"

No. That implies this is a just world where all be need is faith, and that is not true.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What matters is that you’re living healthy n’ peaceful and that you have enough food to eat ...

That's living for the "now". Gotta consider the future too.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Read this:
http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/sunscreen.html

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp, that's a GREAT interlude. I can rest easy tonight.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think everything matters!!

Just take a look at "what mattered" from the cave men days – to the 20th century. If humanity only cared about food, shelter and clothing.. then we would still be in caves..

the difference is that it *matters* and therefore is!!

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I liked it. Makes me want to finish some training in a bit and then just go home and hang with my wife 'n cats.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

If only it were true.

chuck [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

wow, that's my philosophy exactly. what's the point of living for the future or the past when you will only ever live in the present?

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

you have my undivided attention ..... tell us more!

Personman [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

I appreciate the sentiment, but it seems to me that if you smoke, are "too fat", and have bad teeth and a hangover you're not living so very "healthy and peaceful."

I put "too fat" in quotes because I strongly believe that while that point exists it is much further out than most people seem to believe... you are too fat when you are at risk of heart failure, not when you can no longer see the entirety of your spine through your skin...

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think Wyclef and The Rock have already discussed what matters in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRCDoLdFVw

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You don't know what matters until the time it comes to you.
>>I think everything matters!!
Love that.

susan Jones [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

right!
woot!

t xensen [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

"Whether you believe in God or not does not matter so much, whether you believe in Buddha or not does not matter so much; as a Buddhist, whether you believe in reincarnation or not does not matter so much. You must lead a good life. And a good life does not mean just good food, good clothes, good shelter. These are not sufficient. A good motivation is what is needed: compassion, without dogmatism, without complicated philosophy; just understanding that others are human brothers and sisters and respecting their rights and human dignity. That we humans can help each other is one of our unique human capacities. We must share in other peoples' suffering; even if you cannot help with money, to show concern, to give moral support and express sympathy are themselves valuable. This is what should be the basis of activities; whether one calls it religion or not does not matter."
-- The Dalai Lama

dnl2ba [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Also see: Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

*Because* I have food in my belly and a place to sleep tonight, I have the luxury of worrying about how sexy I am and whether I kick enough bootay to keep up with the Joneses.

Katinka Hesselink [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Maslow's hierarchy of needs doesn't take into account that in India very poor people go on spiritual searches...
anyhow – great post.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is true love! Just a person in love would talk like that!

iv05an [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Bump this whole thread. Then again....it doesn't matter

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!