Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google: Most Wanted?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 15, 2007
17 years ago4,489 views

If there's ONE thing you could have from Google this week, what would it be? It has to be an improvement on a current product... (not the obvious Gdrive answer)

I'd go for Google Bookmarks with Browser Sync synchronization.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Calendar for Mobile

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Most Wanted! Google Money.

I think Google Money should be the current product. It is not Google Checkout, it is real US dollars that belong to Google, maybe Google can share some for us. Not so bad. Hm...

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I want something like what Tony Ruscoe says... some kind of sycnhronization of Google Calendar with my cellphone's agenda.

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

Google Life; Total submission to Google... muhahaha

17 years ago #

hehe we could call it Yougle

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would want unlimited picasa storage and the option of not having my photos resized.

17 years ago #

Goobuntu

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You're nuts! Yougle sounds scarry. A little more than Google Web History.
But Goobuntu makes sense. It exists! (look at Wikipedia) O_O
I didn't knew that

Kal [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'd like to import all my old Outlook Express mailbox files, so that I can archive them forever and search them whenever I need to. There's www.gmailuploader.com, but I have a feeling that service would leave my inbox in a total mess.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Reader improved and available in French =)

17 years ago #

why french? :P ive spent the last 3 months in france on French XP French Word French EVERYTHING haha... it's annoying... but Reader is almost nonlanguage required.. :)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Better Orkut
Google Presentations

Ok thats 2 not 1, I know :-)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ohh wait....
Conditional Formating in Google Spreadsheets!

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Better revision comparison in Google Docs. Google surely could handily do what MS can't, show you precisely where changes have been made.

(At the moment it's like MS Word's track changes feature, where if you make a change one word in a para the program makes it look like you've changed the whole para.)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Talk: Earn as you use

Google pay you to call your friends and family and you earn a lump sum for signing them up new.

17 years ago #

That security thingy someone mentioned – Garrett Rogers? – for Gmail: something that lets you know when you (or someone else) last logged in, and how many instances of that account are currently opened.

This could also be more elaborately applied to an email inbox – most useful in Google Apps – that several employees can have simultaneous (and, I hope) collaborative access to.

17 years ago #

Also, following on from Mambo's bookmark comment: Google Bookmarks could be more sophisticated, and more integrated with Web History. Google could be suggesting that you bookmark sites that you visit a lot. It would be great to have a Google Readerish way of viewing and rearranging bookmarks and their labels, rather than the current pretty basic interface.

17 years ago #

I also want time zone conversion OneBox results... i.e.

[9PM PDT in BST]

or

[1030 CET in GMT]

17 years ago #

Quite right. Useful for finding out when the SearchologyTM webcast starts . . .

17 years ago #

Which is exactly the reason why I just thought of it! ;-)

Dave B [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

1. To Do / Tasklist in GCal

2. Better contact management in Gmail.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!