Google Blogoscoped

Forum

A Public Google Job Application  (View post)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 30, 2007
16 years ago7,142 views

Even for free they will not take back the domain names, I suppose.
I have registered a lot of Blogspot subdomains for a French googleblog, they don't want it!

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

good luck, sebastian!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

hey this just may get him to work in a company that has a culture jsut like googs or even better.. rememeber V.Fox..is she still in Googs (to name a few).. the grass always looks green on the other side, but its an't always the case!!

Jleagle [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

He has a girlfriend? Fake.

SEOpittfall [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I like the fact that he states:

"Contact: How you can contact me by normal mail you know fore sure. I have made my e-mail address available to the Google-Bot. ;-)"

Encrypted or some cryptic? He is trying to get a job in security, right?

Check out his robots.txt file for more details....

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Is Google really likely to hire a domain squatter? I doubt it... but good luck to him.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The bottom of his page has a "PS" which says that smaller IT companies in his region may also contact him for a job offer. Maybe he's just using the Google meme as "carrier" and actually shoots for a much more realistic position in a small company...?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I thought the same thing Philipp :)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Return to Google? Google doesn't own every domain with "Go-Ogle" in it...

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Not the first person to attempt this:
http://www.nextgoogleceo.com/

Ringelnatz [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

"[...] tons of Google-related URLs – like adwordsgoogle.de, docsgoogle.de, [...]"

He registered URLs – not domain names? Where can *I* do that? ;-)

R.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't agree with these methods. If you consider you are good enough to be at Google, send your resume and wait to be called. If you aren't, study and work to be elegible!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

He wanted publicity.
Google gets hundreds of emails per day. So they might not even get to his email. So this way he can draw their attention more closely.

Don't you think? ;)

Mark Alves [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

He asked you to remove his last name from your post for privacy reasons yet he uses his full name as the administrative contact when registering his domains. Google's security department might not be the best match for him. Perhaps PR instead.

Bryan Burkholder [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Yeah, his robots.txt reveals his name also. Gimme a break, if someone wants to find your name, they will. Especially if you do a stunt like that.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]David: Maybe, but I still think it's not the way.

[put at-character here]Mark Alves: Nice one!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<< Sebastian asked me to remove his last name from the article for privacy reasons, and so I did. >>

I suspect he's worried that Google Blogoscoped would end up ranking higher for his full name than his own sites... :rolleyes:

16 years ago #

Thats more like it, lol.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

He's soooo vain!
He prolly thinks this song is about him![he's sooo vain!]

Snarkmeister [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

This guys has demonstrated one thing, that he has an extraordinary sense of bad judgment. What a great way to discourage any employer.

Ken [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

He for sure is very enthusiastic but he could have done a better job in writing his application, online or offline. Right now it is not really in his favor.

[put at-character here]Mark Alves & Bryan Burkholder:
He is not trying to hide his last name. But there is a difference between publishing the last name on websites and publishing it through the domain registration info or robots.txt. His last name won't be searchable. When he takes down his sites later, he doesn't leave big marks behind.

16 years ago #

the robots txt specifically allows his last name. anyways, no matter how hard he tries now, it will be on the internet. :-)

Cormac [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

The very fact that he is using these domains as a bargaining chip could be used in a court against him if Google were ever to decide they wanted to use any of them.

Also is demonstrating obsessive qualities online to your prospective employer the best way to go about getting a job with them?

Devon [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

lol 404...

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

HAHAHA! I wonder if he got the job~?

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Why would Sebastian be so bashful as to want his full name not disclosed?

[ Full name removed – David]

Brad Baker [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I just came across another website that has a pretty cool application system. Check out www.jobbi.com, they actually have a function where people can save their application and send it really easily!
Have a look.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!