Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Listen for Android  (View post)

Tim [PersonRank 0]

Friday, August 21, 2009
14 years ago5,463 views

Wow...seems Google is having some Quota-Problems right now ;)

Application Error

Over Quota
   This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

Sam Curren [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I spent an hour playing with it (and listening to a podcast), and I love it! It remembers pause points, has intelligent downloading, and is simple to use. I'm a fan!

Robert [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I really like the app, had to fight with some error messages but I can live with that…

quick note though, the app seems to be not available in all markets, a friend just told me that he can’t find it on the android market in germany

my review:
http://www.app-news.com/index.php/google-listen-brings-audio-search-android/

Pär Dahlberg [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Unfortunately not available here in Sweden either.

Opaquit [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I can't get the download to work. :(When I scan the QR code, Android Market app pops up saying 'pname:com.google.android.apps.listen not found'. When I open Android Market manually and search for 'listen', there are dozens of other apps found but not Google Listen. Is the app available just in the US? Does anyone else in Europe have trouble downloading it?

Sidharth Dassani [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Geotarded App. Big #FAIl. Why US only for a podcasting fetcher app ?

Nico [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Not available in holland neither

toml [PersonRank 6]

14 years ago #

i CANNOot find it in market.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

It's simple and effective: I'll definitely be using it. The least developed part of it seems to be the search: it's not indexing a lot at the moment, but presumably that will improve.

Luis Sismeiro [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

We would like to have Google Listen for Androids on Europe.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Root your android phone and next install the following if your outside the us:

http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/detail?name=MarketEnabler_3.0_beta.apk&can=2&q=

Godfried [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

I have the same problem. How do I use that market-enabler? This file has an extension apk ...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!