stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, March 7, 2007
17 years ago7,205 views

Yahoo.com is also PR9.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> there’s simply loads of links from deserted websites which
> Google still values in current PageRank-updates

That's for sure. There used to be a software tool called SmallEiffel. Over five years ago, it was renamed SmartEiffel (and the domain name was changed). Form that point on, the old site was not updated, and virtually all new links would have gone to the new domain which was constantly updated.

And yet it's only in the past three months that the obsolete domain has dropped below the active one in a search for the keyword "eiffel".

Five years to lose an obsolete domain! And it's only dropped a little bit – it's still on the second page of the results.

But I guess Google gives high value to old websites because it helps to avoid the spam sites.

Jon Henshaw [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

You should write a PersonRank post with a list of people who have a PersonRank of 10 and 9. I of course will not show up on that list ;-)

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why does the White House site have PR 10?

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Many backlinks from other goverment sites (also with a pr 9 or 10)!?

Danz [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Just checked out two from the PR9 list that I didn't recognize:

Topica = PR7

Watchfire = PR8

Is there a way to periodically recreate the list so that the results are more current and./or comprehensive?

And what about PR9 individuals, I'd be very interested in that. Saw a guy with a PR9 site/blog once, read his blog and it was filled with insane ramblings, did some research and he turned out to be a very connected wiki/web standards kind of guy but was only in his very early 20s...which explained his blog. You know...liberal/20s/heart...conservative/40s/brain.

John Honeck [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"You should write a PersonRank post with a list of people who have a PersonRank of 10 and 9. I of course will not show up on that list ;-)"

Do you mean like this? http://blogoscoped.com/forum/personrank-full.html

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would be real curious to see the URL of a person/blog that is PR9 – gotta have some major mojo. Not saying it isn't impossible, but I've seen folks do "fake PR" (by 301 redirecting to high PR sites, and then removing after the PageRank Update).

maqingxi [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

me,www.maqingxi.com=PR3

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Mozilla Zine has "only" 8 it seems:
http://www.prinformer.com/index.php?u=www.mozillazine.org

Michael Martinez [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

Since Toolbar PR has no impact on search results rankings, why does anyone care any more?

Fred [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Tadeusz: but mozilla.org has 9 :)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

For the PR9 person who is "very connected wiki/web standards" he might have meant Aaron Swartz:

www.aaronsw.com is PR9 and
www.aaronsw.com/weblog/ is PR8

Mike [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

This dude has no idea what he's talking about. He's just babbling on hoping to get spidered, and a pagerank. You newbies need to read forums, not blogs.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!