Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Wish List

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Friday, March 16, 2007
17 years ago38,722 views

*ability to rearrange tab sequence on IG.

*add more tabs to IG

*quick compose link on Gmail IG module.

*Gdrive

*reissue old email adds so I can get mine back!

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

*Gdrive

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* Mailmerge (i.e. integration between Writely, Gmail & e.g. spreadsheet)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* AUPGL (More apparently unuseful products in Google Labs)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* New "Reader-powered" Google News
* Gdrive
* Notifier for Windows (inc Calendar)
* Presently
* A more popular Google Talk
* Browser Sync compatible Google Bookmarks
* Inclusion of Transit and Ride Finder in Google Maps
* Google Maps Live

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* A contact management system/database (accessible from across Google's applications in different ways)
* A real Google Music (what it would look like I don't know)
* Online image editing
* Loads of other unexpected things that only Google could dream up, not me

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

*ability to rearrange tab sequence on IG.
*Gdrive
* Presently
* Make all google services compatible with Nintendo DS (Or Mobile Phones)
* Online EVERYTHING!!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* An online web games framework slash community portal, bringing together gamers and game developers. You'd have a neat scripting language, elegant and small (something like Python) with a great huge music/ games/ multiplayer/ hiscore-saving/ sound oriented library. Your code would then be translated to Flash/ ActionScript, and you could show off your games on the site and make money through AdSense (or something) as well as integrate the games as gadgets onto other sites. Games can be voted on, popular games receive special spots. The site would also offer the exchange of code and images, like game sprites. I'm dreaming...

* I second the online image editor

* Still on my list: image comparison search, real web-wide video search

* A web-based Second-Life clone (I suppose it would be Flash).

Sylvain Comte [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

* GPeople : a contact manager which could be used across Google Apps (and may be across other via API). It would be perfect if using a xml merging technology : so your friend joe could maintain his own datas on www.joe.com/myDatas.xml or even at www.gpeople.com/joe/public/work and www.gpeople.com/joe/private/friends and your contact will always be updated...
* Internationalisation of PicasaWeb tagging (users powered) : ability to tag photos in several languages and to use tag automatic translation to find photos tagged in other languages. Users could rate automatic and personal translations of each tag to improve the quality. You may also use the who,where,what system used in http://www.pikeo.com/.
* Tagging enhancement in various Google Apps (GMail,GReader,Picasa,PicasaWebAlbum...) : tagcloud, click-to-tag, drag-drop->tag...
* IPTC and EXIF editing in Picasa. Geotagging...
* GToDo : task and project manager linked with GCalendar

Nate [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

*Raises hand for online image editing. It's the only thing Picasa/Picasaweb needs to be just about perfect.

Éric Senterre [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

* GDrive
* OpenID support

TKN [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* IMAP
* better looking sites, man gmail is ugly and somewhat annoying
* plaxo-like contact updating
* GDrive
* High-level document management system like Docs Open/KnowledgeTree with versioning and blacklining
* calendar 2-way syncing API
* digital asset management for photos to replace Cumulus and others
* Google Transit for New York (also for Blackberry please)
* Real IM unification
* social networking combined with document management for project management (better than the 37signals stuff anyway)

17 years ago #

> * better looking sites, man gmail is ugly and somewhat annoying

Why do you think so?

(I think the font is too small, but other than that...)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think Gmail is quite aesthetic – but may look better if it took inspiration from the latest GReader updates...

Bill [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

G-cal PDA support

Dave B [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

* Task/To Do List in Calendar (don't know why this is taking so long)
* Better contact management in GMail and other
* GDrive
* Notifications for all calendars in Calendar

PZ [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

To Do list in Calender
GDrive

tal s [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* to do list for google calendar
*integration of gcal google notebook and gmail a a one outlook app
*offline accessibility
* gdrive

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

Mostly just GDrive, then.

Tanguy B [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* Project Management features with Google Apps
* More sophisticated features in Google Spreadsheet (hyperlinks in cells, filters on columns...)
* keyboard shortcut for "AutoFill" in google toolbar (Opera have been doing that for several years now...)
* better performances for calendar, gmail... in firefox (less 100% cpu usage)
* link between google maps and google earth?

JB [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

1. I widget that shows information on contacts from your contacts database within Gmail.

As far as I can tell, there is no easy way to get at that information outside of Gmail. It would be nice to be able to search for a contact's telephone number or address from my google home page.

2. A shared to-do list on google calendar.

We have started using Google Calendar as our family calendar (so my wife and I can both access and modify it from work). It would be nice to have a companion to-do list that we could both access and modify. (e.g. Grocery list, packing list, weekend projects).

Just my 2cents.

TKDWILSON [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Unlimited storage space for Picasa.

G-drive

Purchase more space for a normal Gmail account (Maybe have it included with a domain purchase).

Better community with Picasa.

Integrate Youtube more with google video. Give google video the community of youtube and youtube the quality of google video.

Adding DIVX videos to google video/youtube.

Allow AVI downloading in youtube, don't make people use a hack or linux in google videos.

Google TV

The ability to customize the Gmail page like your personal homepage.

Google Reader True integration into gmail.

Google audio system like youtube.

Google documents system like youtube.

Google talk with the ability to call outside lines for free.

Google talk has audio/video features within gmail.

Google talk user created chat rooms. Or at least official chat rooms.

Ability to rearrange conversations in gmail.

Google program that backs up your system and saves it to a system like the gdrive.

Google mail reader that keeps conversations without breaking them up.

Google OS (never going to happen)

Image search where you put a picture up and Google finds pictures of the same person from around the web.

Google search for registered users. If I am registered for a site, why shouldn't results from that site show up in my search results? Maybe if Google made a deal with places like Facebook and myspace we could have something like that when signed in.

Google Phone the cheap version for everyone and a fancy version that compares to the iphone. Service for it that is free and add based including internet and google services.

A google web TV channel. Eventually many TV channels. Don't have regular TV? Go to google and watch news, sports, cartoons, or google original movies and shows.

Protect user's privacy better like the case of youtube. Given that guy hung himself but maybe google could start masking IP's or something to keep that from happening.

Tonino [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

- GDrive
- Presently.
- Improved Blogger (Wordpress is kicking its ass)
- Improved Reader. (I'm using as much as Gmail)
- Tighter service integration. Now it's still too loose.
- Centralised contact system.

Sherman [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Picasa for Mac. iPhoto blows

Jez Arnold [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* Google Getting Things Done
(Buy Scrybe) or another GTD app that works, and port it over!
*Google Address Book – or some other Contact Management App
*Google Money Manager – I am looking forward to the day, that I can get my bills sent to gmail and I can then manage it properly GMM
*Google Page Creator – that lets me import my WP blog (I will pay hosting!)
*GDrive
*OpenID support

Link all this to GAFYD and you will GUARANTEE $50 per year off me!

Let me rearrange my quick links in Account Settings so I have them all the same in every window.

LAST (but not least) release a firefox clone, so I can have ALL my google pages open every time.

Josh Miller [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Signatures on Google Groups. I hate having to type all that every time.

Also you may be able to do this but I havn't been able to figure it out, markers on Google maps. Sort of like, the ability to create a set of maps with markers. For example, if I wanted to say, mark the locations of all of my friends and relatives one a map, then save it for later use, or mark the location of places I frequently shop in town. Stuff like that. Like I said, you may be able to do this but I havn't been able to find it.

Freddy [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

- Gdrive
- "Sub/Child-Labels" for Google Bookmarks
- possibility to manually merge gmail conversations
- ToDo list (Calendar)

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

GOOGLE LIFE

Sebastian [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Search in Google Reader would save me LOTS of time

(I know about the custom search engine do it yourself way, but....)

Mathias Schindler [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* Bring back API support
* GDrive
* Goobuntu
* gPhone
* Native Language Query interface

Schultzter [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I love the minimalist look of Google/GMail/etc. (half my time spent on Yahoo! is finding the damn link to the Yahoo! service I want).

But Google Finance has a long way to go before it even catches up with Yahoo! And even further to go before it catches up with Globe Investor or some of the other services. But I like where Google takes things so I hope they go for it.

I also second the motion for signatures in Google groups.

A I millionth all the different PIM evolutions of GMail (To-Do's, universal contacts, synchronization, etc.) that are being suggested.

TKDWILSON [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

"""""LAST (but not least) release a firefox clone, so I can have ALL my google pages open every time. """""

You already can with firefox. For your homepage make it www.website1.com|www.website2.com etc. Get as many as you want, they will all open in different tabs. It is a pain in the butt when you just want to search the web though.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* More money with AdSense
(for me only ^^)
:)

No, more seriously:
* No so many new products, but TRANSLATE THEM!!!
* Change the name "Google Documents & Spreadsheets", it's ugly, worse in the other languages...
* Improve Google Talk, which is a good way to fight Microsoft Live Messenger. Savvy functions are still missing!
* Add BY DEFAULT many useful "Greasemonkey scripts", because I shouldn't have to install it to get my life easier!
* [fill the blank here, Google, I think you have more ideas than me...]

malcook [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Integration of groups with calendar (i.e. shared membership/privs – and inclusino of calendar as a groups page)

related:

"GFolk" (GPeeps) some way of supporting decentralized administratiion of named groups of users; these groups could then be assigned authority in Gcalendar, Ggroups, Docs & Spreadsheet, etc

faster Reader and/or nntp access to Google groups

Walter [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

My list is endless. I'll just put some things though.
*Change background color on homepage
*Chat with Skype or Yahoo messenger with GTalk
*A more googlified YouTube
*Google TV
*Google Search Channel on the Wii
*Google answer to Stumble Upon
*Search the web for videos.

George Entenman [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

A way to have a truer home page – probably on IG – so that I can make links. I use lots of Google's services, but it's heck to go from one to another. I need a menu that I can configure.

And hierarchical (multi-level) tagging for reader, links, maybe gmail.

Some examples of Google Apps for Your Domain that look like real sites, with navigation that ties them together, etc.

Henning [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

* Rip off the idea of feedwhip.com and integrate it into Google Reader. They told us, Google Reader would be like an "inbox for the web", didn't they?

* Hierarchical 'folders' for Google Reader (which are currently inconsistently called 'folders' and 'tags' throughout the site, though literally all other Google sites call those 'labels'...).

* ToDo list for Google Calendar

* Synchronization with PDAs, cellphones and PIM desktop software for Google Calendar

* Higher quality Google Video. Current resolution is plenty for "that funny clip in my blog", but for longer movies it's almost unbearable.

Teodor Filimon [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

GDrive :)

Lohengrin (lharolds [at] gmail [dot] com) [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'd like to see;

- an AJAX timeline of history, fetching data from all kinds of sources – with a wiki like structure.

- Google Contacts, Gmail's Contacts feature expended, a visual tool using the Affinity in http://docs.google.com/data/contacts – as well as Google maps (or can someone make a nice Greasemonkey script?)

- Synchronization ability Google Calendar with Outlook / Contacts with Plaxo

- more development in translation, when searching for a word, also search word or phrase in other languages and auto-translate (or option to choose to do so).

Stephanegregoire@gmail.com [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

- GMail contacts synchronizable with open standard SyncML (just like Google calendar is with ScheduleWorld or GooSync)

- Gdrive of course

- GTalk compatible with MSN (everybody here are on MSN, not on Yahoo, gtalk, jabber)

- Notebook search usable (clicking on a link will open the note)

- Open shortcuts in google search (just like Yahoo's)

- Google maps for pocket PC should allow working offline with the cached maps.

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

my only wish was *GDrive

Rob Fuller [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Yes to most of the above, but also....
* Uncluttered interfaces. Gmail is great for design and simplicity – but don't keep adding more stuff to it or making ad-hoc alterations. (Or, at least, make the new features optional, like with web clips and quick contacts.)

Chris Nokleberg [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Philipp, take a look at http://www.threerings.net/whirled/ (closed alpha), it is very close to what you describe.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

More stuff I want

* Video chat in GTalk (with out compromising on the clean look)
* More Google Office related stuff
* Online Photo Editor
* Keep GVid no mater what :-)
* The Following Searches
   – Grease Monkey Scripts
   – Froogle for Shops eg. says where stock is avalible.
   – Video, that searches and previews AVI, WMV etc. from the web (would need very strong filtering though)

FlipDarius [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Surely, Gdrive! We have a lot of separeted storage in Google, why not mix them all?

Andreas Bovens [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

A powerful account manager, with more options than this: https://www.google.com/accounts/EditServices

Danz [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

A notes tab in Gmail like there is in Yahoo mail.

Scottr [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

better gmail gadgets for IG and Destop sidebar. i want to be able to read and write mail at the minimum (and not just read the text version like in sidebar now), without opening up a new tab with gmail. kind of a cross between the new talk gadget and the reader gadget.

reminder option available for all calendars, not just main.

more integration and continuity between services, even combine some. (page creator and docs for one!)

combine all data storage into one user account. page creator, picasa, gmail, docs, etc. no limit on individual services, up to the total account limit – unlike now, where i have may have unused space on one service while another is at the limit.

all data in my account should be accessible from one place, basically, a single information manager, allowing me to sort, view, edit, or delete my files, rather than several different places like now.

Saif [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

G Drive.

Ivan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

More useful googlepages without *** predefined layouts.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* Google base stats directly in my Analtyics account.
* Rearrange IG tabs (this seems to be a popular wish)
* AIM integration with Gtalk. (Last years partnership with AOL should warrant this)
* Video chat in Gtalk
* Allow Picasa Web Albums to keep the original size of my photos. Flickr doesn't resize my photos unless I tell it to, I wish Picasa web albums did the same thing.
* Google Maps in Picasa Web albums, a feature that allows me to map out all of my photos and where they were taken. While we are at it, allow Picasa to edit Exif data like Longitude and Latitude. So my photos always have that saved.
* Allow Google Spreadsheets to export a TSV file.
* Google Transit for all major metropolitan areas (worldwide).

17 years ago #

> Philipp, take a look at threerings.net/whirled/
> (closed alpha), it is very close to what you describe.

Thanks I entered my email in their notificiation pipeline and will see what happens...

Improve gtalk [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

conference call on gtalk
Paid call out to landline
video talk on gtalk
more intergration with other IM

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Some of these suggestions are too small, not googly enough! Here are mine:

100% split of the Adsense revenue going to site owners

Five free domain registrations for every Google account holder

Google debit card where Google gets the 30 cents per transaction fee, users pocket the 3% charge as a dis count. Google personalizes ads based on our purchases.

Personal media search – tell Google the bar codes of the music, books, and movies you own and be able to search for info inside all of it at the same time.

Open Office + Google D&S integration

Lubsy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Most of mine are Gmail related!
* Gmail IMAP support
* Customizable shortcuts in Gmail
* Mail merge between Gmail / Docs
* Online image editor
* Desktop Gmail app for getting Gmail offline (including compose, label, etc – not just retrieve like Google Desktop)
* I second that Gmail needs to check out the Greasemonkey scripts and include a lot of those. I love the functionality, but it sure makes the load time slow down with all those scripts.
* RSS-to-email: sure there are plenty out there that do this, but none with Google's simplicity, and most of those limit your subscriptions to 5 or so
* Google Contacts (with better import/export field mapping than Gmail)
* Insert images into emails (without having to use GM script)
* Hierarchical label system in Gmail
* Fix the ridiculous "Blog This" issue with Blogger Beta and Picasa
* Allow option of turning off "save originals" in Picasa. This just takes up more disk space. If I wanted to keep the original, I would save as.

Jason Hall [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

* Universal starring and sharing across all Google services (Reader, Bookmarks, YouTube, etc.)
* GDrive
* A job ;-)

Josh Miller [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I have a couple more.

1) I second the need for searching in Reader. Especially one limited to my feeds only. I don't know how many times I want to find an old post in a feed.

2) How about an application that will combine rss feeds and output a new feed. This seems to be a use for Yahoo Pipes but I couldn't figure out how to use Pipes. I would love a way to combine all my blog feeds into one feed for readers to use.

Me Too [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

automated, encrypted (i.e. Google can't read it) backup from my box to Google's servers.

GuillaumeB [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

Definitly the long awaited GDrive!!!! ...and a real addressbook that is not trying to be smarter than i am by auto-adding stupid entries

Trekkie101 [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

GDrive, Presently, MSNM s2s with GTalk.

Google have to see this thread sometime I'm sure.

Walter [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

- GDrive

- More apps, widgets and services (such as Google Docs & Spreadsheets & Blogger) supporting Mac OS X and Safari.

- GTalk can communicate with MSN Messenger & ICQ

- Mail merge between Docs & Gmail

- Google Toolbar for Safari

Two Star [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

- Gdrive
-ToDo list
-GContacts (gmail contacts is weak, not integrated anywhere else)
-Integrate Gmail and Gcal and ToDo list
-GTalk compatible with more messaging systems
-more GTalk users
-more customers for Google Checkout
-Improve Google Spreadsheets (filtering, freeze panes, work with other docs)
-GMoney
-GPersonals (not just mySpace ads showing in Google Base)
-GVault – hyper secure place to store certain data
-Integrate Grease Monkey scripts
-make GMail more customizable, especially hierarchical tags

-port my GCalendar to my PDA! or at least get it into Outlook without a lot of monkeying around

Google Reader – ability to filter feeds to either keep the crap out or highlight items of interest

And as a long-term stockholder......keep minting money so you can start paying me dividends!!!!!!

PolluxStL [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

- I also would like to be able to search my feeds in Reader.

- A way to filter out posts in Reader based on criteria I determine.

-

Googlaxy [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

> Google Knows (what Google knows about me... see it in my account. After all, if they are our friends, we should know each other);

> Gdrive (can't be so difficult. Are you waiting Microsoft movements?);

> CRM System in Google Apps (let's take work serious, dude!);

> Gmail improvements (1: Plaxo like contact system; 2: IMAP 3: Scheduling messages; 4: Gmail analytics);

> Google Reader Offline (sync with online and as quick as Picasa);

> Google Talk for Mac (allowing MSN contacts);

>A real Google Bookmarks (public and private bookmarks... and much more);

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

0. Google to commit to XHTML Strict across as many properties as it is reasonable. HTML 4.01 Strict could work too.

1. Automatic transcription (with translation) of videos. Yes, this requires a massive computational effort – multilingual speech transcription and image/video analysis are hard. But this is a wish list, yes? Then there can be Adsense for video and audio.

2. Better contact management across all GThings. I know everyone said this, but the way Google does this now is very weak. Federation and synchronization with other contact management systems so I can use my Google contacts with other software.

3. Whatever Niniane Wang is working on. I hope it's number 2.

4. Picasa Hello and Google Talk should become the same program.

5. Google Talk Gadget or at least GMail chat available all the time on EVERY Google site, including the main search page (if I'm logged in). You want Google Talk to get popular? Deploy it EVERYWHERE. Make it part of the experience.

6. IMAP for GMail. REAL FILTERING for GMail. GMail's spam filter for the whole internet.

7. Tools that organize information FROM the internet delivered TO you should be unified. GMail, Groups and Reader should be the same site, for example. Seriously, they are all slightly different versions of GMail.

8. Tools that assist in delivering Information published by you TO the internet should work better together. Blogger, Picasa Web, and Youtube are good examples. Oh wait, they are doing this....sort of.

9. Tools that assist in creating, synchronizing, finding, organizing and archiving your existing data should work better together as well. GDrive should be a component of Desktop, like Apples .Mac backup.sync software. It could allow you to download local backups of all your Google published content and backup your local data to Google. Desktop could be a framework that hosts other GApps (Talk, Hello, Picasa, Earth). These apps would be small and modular and downloaded based on which Google Services you use. Desktop should handle all synchronization, update etc. of its modules and your data and quietly stay out of the way until it is needed.

10. Search (finding and organizing) tools should continue to integrate. I want Google Search as just one search box, no tabs and "I'm feeling lucky". Type in what you want and Google helps you refine your search until you get it right. Maps, shopping, video, images, blogs, news, music, code, patents, or anything else included. Sets and Suggest should merge and come back better and smarter. Users should be encouraged to explore and dig until they find what their looking for. Borrow features from searchmash, please.

11. Tools that help developers, sitemasters, and Google remake the web in their own image should come together. Analytics, Base, and Webmaster tools should unite as "Google Web Developer" or something.

12. All of the above, and increased security.

13. Google stuff for me. At least a coffee mug. Come on, guys and gals. Throw me a bone.

Johan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Picasa Webalbums
* Sub-albums (I have 20k+ pictures spanning from the 1930:s)
* Geotagging
* Flickr-style image notes
* Add it to "Apps"
* Tagclouds
* Grant permission to domain users to edit albums
(I don't use it, I will when all of the above can be done)

Gmail (apps)
* Great "contacts"
* Mobile Java-Client (not just Blackberry)

Gtalk
* Avail in all of G-Apps
* Mobile access

Calendar (Apps)
* Notifications via mail and SMS for other than main calendar
* Better Mobile access
(Gmail looks good in my phone, calendar doesn't. java-app?)
* Notes and shared To-Do-Lists

Startpage (Apps)
* Tabs (think "/ig for your domain")

Web pages (apps)
* Sub-domains
* wysiwyg-editor, make it more professional

Apps
* Project (and other things) -planning
* Presently
* Blogger
* Make my apps account my "google account" for non-app services

Notepad
* Widget in calendar and Gmail
* Mobile access

.... and more :-)

Freddy [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* Possibility to set some MX records of my domain to google servers to have a catch all e-mail address with my own domain
* Make services like gmail to use https by default!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

*Gmail out of Beta
*GDrive (before Microsoft!!!)

-----------------------------

lol,
notice that just because Brinke started the thread with " * " , anyone continued using it :)

milivella [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've written down some of my wishes before:

Web search:
- Personalized Pagerank: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/84328.html
- Site search: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/30087.html

Books:
- Chapter search: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/85990.html#id86004

Groups:
- Integration between with GMail: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/82605.html

Docs:
- Mispelling aid: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/87639.html

Jordn [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Apart from the GDrive?

A music notation editor. Something akin to Docs. I'm damned serious, too – there are heaps of notation programs for Windows and Mac, but the Linux options are pitiful. What better for musicians and composers than a web-based, cross-platform notation program?

Hell, it wouldn't be uber-popular, but I'm sure there'd be many a grateful musician out there.

Maybe Google Reader integration with Gmail, too.

Dan'l [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Google Mind Mapper

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

A way to search Reader feeds

Formating emails from reader to look the same as it does in reader

integration of reader and gmail

GDrive

Gmail links bar (top left) on all Google services

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, customisable corner bookmarks... now!

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

-Integrate starring in starring in Reader, Groups, and other services with Google Bookmarks.
-Public and Private Google Bookmarks
-Nested Labels for Google Bookmarks on the website(I get them another way :))
-bookmarks+google notebook combined.(I think this might be happening eventually?)

-Built in way to search reader feeds. Till then I use my greasemonkey script.
-Google Reader powered Google news based on starred or shared items.
-Filters in reader. I don't want to have to pass my feeds through another site to filter them.

-Add Mihai's greasemonkey scripts into GMail.

-Gtalk+AIM
-Gtalk client on linux. I like it more than gaim.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* Some kind of search in Google Reader (just as everyone keeps saying)

* An advanced regular expression search or way to search for special characters for the standard Google Web Search

Brad Wilson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Gmail-type desktop application... something to replace nasty MS Outlook. It could be used for both GMail but be able to organize other email via POP access. The strengths of Gmail search-ability and groupings of conversations being applied to my work email (not just Gmail) would be well worth having my email text searched and text ads to run on this offline version.

To me this is a win-win for Google, because their ad stream would then include the text of any number of other email addresses.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

A new gmail gadget! It sucks compared to the reader one, or the very swish new gtalk one.

I want to be able to compose, read emails etc. All from the homepage.

xdcc [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Privacy options – no history, no logs, no profile, no email scanning, when something is deleted it's deleted completely [for all services] Essentially when you login, your account settings specify that Google does not record any of your activity if you so choose. I would happily pay for such an option and would use Google for everything.

Encryption – strong encryption for Gmail, Google Talk, and as many services as possible.

Google Hosting – premium web hosting.

Gordhan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

the size of file, while we want to download certain file, at filetype:pdf/doc command

Josef Sábl [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Implement Firefox Microsummaries for Gmail (and Reader maybe), so that you would have number of unread emails visible in the Gmail bookmarks description. Don't know if it is possible :-)

禾草唐楷 [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Add Gtalk widget to blogger.

Ben p [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

-Google Money Manager
-Google Transit for the UK

Kay C [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

First off, I love the new themes for my Google home page! Now I want it on my Gmail page!

Stav [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Options charting in Google Finance

sco [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

the real google.cn

ksm [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Haven't read all the previous posts...so these are probably repeats...

- Integrate Project Management Scheduling (Gant charts, fishbone charts, etc...) into Google's Calander and GMail programs.
- Direct PBS dialing into GTalk (VoIP)
- GTalk into Docs and Spreadsheets
- Online, fully collaborated Presentation Program (like Powerpoint)...
- Work more deals with other software development companies to provide good software products through GooglePack
- If unable to work deals with other companies, then based on a Google concensus, provide a section in GooglePack that indicates what software the majority of Google employees use (for productivity, personal use, etc...) as well as some sort of ranking of products by regular 'ole googlers like myself.
- The stumble plug-in that allows you to identify your interests and then it stumbles to a website that matches your interest...is something that I wish google was doing...instead of the current owners. This type of thing could be tied into advertising results "above and beyond" search and even though I'm searching information about "product x" and Google returns contextual ads.... it would be neat if a separate section of ads (one or two) appear but are not related to the context of the search but instead based on my "stumbling habits)... I'm not expressing this very well, so if someone else gets the idea...please repeat it here.

okay that's too much info...

I'm outa here

Lebowski [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

How about having a status bar for Gmail when uploading files

Safari support for Google Documents

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Been doing a lot of corsework for school in D&S recently and wanted the following features:

In Google Docs:
* Increase font size of selected area one size (eg. different font sizes all go up one)
* When you copy stuff from spreadsheets actually ends up in a table in Docs.
* Upload and Edit PDF files (hoping a bit too much here)
* Actually put Edit HTML as a tab rather than a link

In Spreadsheets:
* Conditional Formating (like in Excel)
* Charts!!!

Mohan Chunkath [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

1. Scheduled delivery of email messages in gmail
2. Full text search of long text files (no 10000 word limit) in google desktop search
3. Google calendar to handle tasks

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Scheduled delivery of email messages in gmail

that's a great idea. and STOPPING THE CONTACT LIST FROM AUTO ADDING NAMES IF I WANT EM IN THERE I'LL ADD EM. ok.

mb [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Spreadsheets – Solve the Offline Issue

Create an Excel add-in or OpenOffice extension that connects to Google Spreadsheets. Every change made in Excel/OO is updated in Google Spreadsheets, and every change made in Google Spreadsheets is replicated to Excel/OO.

This way, one person can be editing in Excel, and another can be editing in OO, and a third can be editing online, and all see each others changes. I can keep all my formatting and printing config in the client of my choice, and still collaborate with others in real time.

Should be able to define a range in Excel/OO to sync with Google Spreadsheets (not requiring the entire document to be synced). Multiple ranges can sync with multiple Google Spreadsheets. When a cell is changed in Excel/OO, its color will change until the sync is confirmed with the server, and then it will change back so the user can see that the change was committed successfully.

If the network connection drops, it would be cool to track the changes and sync them when the network is available. But this may be too much to ask for version 1.0, so at a minimum alert the user that changes are not being synchronized.

(You know that this is how Microsoft intends to shut down Google Docs and Spreadsheets – by integrating closely with Excel and Word. Why not steal a march on them and get there first – and make it work in OpenOffice at the same time?)

BabakM [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* GDrive
* Ability to merge google accounts (I have regular Google finance, photo, reader, blah blah accounts, then opened a Google for Domain. I'd like to merge the two accounts).
* How about GBackup? (no sharing etc)
* Video for GTalk
* GHost

Willing to pay for GDrive, GHost and GBackup

Thibault Schalck [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The ability to display a personnal image in gmail's signature!!
Would be great!!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's a bit of a problem though.

Correct me if i'm wrong , but In some filters, it may consider as a spam message.

Eze128 [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

how I enter to google Drive!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Just Checking what Google has given us in the past 3 months.
----------------------
DONE!!
----------------------
*add more tabs to IG
* Notifications for all calendars in Calendar
*offline accessibility
*Google talk user created chat rooms.
*Google answer to Stumble Upon
* Google Reader Offline (sync with online
* When you copy stuff from spreadsheets actually ends up in a table in Docs.
* Charts!!! (Spreadsheets)

----------------------
Not Quite
----------------------
* Make all google services compatible with Nintendo DS
Well Google Wii-der was close enough

* Real web-wide video search
Nearly there

*offline accessibility
G reader Only (For now)

*Change background color on homepage
Well there's themes now

* More Google Office related stuff
Presently's coming!!!

* integration of reader and gmail
Been done one way

* Geotagging (PWA)
Do the maps count?

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

* Linux versions of all Google applications (Talk, True Picasa linux version, Desktop with gadgets)

* Gdrive (at least with 500 mb to counter M$ Skydrive)

* Contact Manager

Peter [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Macro tools to automate their web apps? Something like iMacros for Firefox (http://www.iopus.com/imacros/firefox/) but optimized for use with Google apps?

Nelson Antunes [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google Groups for your domain

Pri [PersonRank 5]

16 years ago #

Phillip is it possible for you to make a poll out of this discussion? For example, the first post included 5 suggestions. Those five suggestions would be added to the poll. The next person could check off any of the 5 suggestions he agrees with OR he could add some of his own which would be included for the next person. As more people post to the poll, you would have instant results for the most popular ideas being posed. What do you say, can it be done/added?

16 years ago #

Pri, there was a big feature wish list poll last year, these were the results: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-08-17-n21.html

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Two-way sync for gmail/gapps and blackberry, Yahoo have it!!

Also Blackberry Desktop software supports sync of yahoo calendar and contacts with device, suport for gmail/gapps/gcal be very nice.

Ken [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I would like to search after only some file types in "Images search". Now I have to use the slower ordinary search with operators like filetype:svg OR filetype:eps but without images in the result list. Eg searching after flowers in vector format, it takes some time to browse the results to see good ones.

http://www.google.com/search?q=flower+filetype%3Asvg+OR+filetype%3Aeps+OR+filetype%3Aai

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Ken, The advanced search has options to search for specific file formats like jpg, gif, png, and bmp. It would be cool if the formats you are searching for end up as options on the advanced search page.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!